76

"[Name]? Yui has arrived. You can give her Sayuri, and she will tend to her for the rest of the night."

Madara slid open the door to Sayuri's new room and saw [Name] inside, sitting on the floor as she cradled said slumbering child in her arms.

"I still don't see why Yui-baa has to come in and take over for me," frowned the Kouhage, gently patting her daughter to sleep as Madara stepped aside and let the midwife in. "I've managed the last few weeks well. And it's not like I have anything else to do tomorrow morning."

"Please, [Name]-sama, you need your rest regardless," said Yui sympathetically, heading over to the closet and pulling out a futon for herself and Sayuri. "Please, do not worry about Sayuri-chan tonight."

"Once Sayuri has reached a decent age, then we will dismiss Yui," nodded Madara, much to [Name]'s ire. The last person she wanted to be making decisions around here was Madara, but even she was aware that he had the final word around their home. "But for now, come and rejoin me in our own quarters, my love. It's a rest well deserved on your part."

With a frown evident on her face, [Name] sighed in defeat anyway and glanced down at her daughter once more.

"Alright."

As soon as Yui had set up the bedding beside her, [Name] hoisted herself up onto her knees as she carefully leaned forward to place Sayuri down on the pillow, before withdrawing and allowing Yui to cover Sayuri with another blanket.

"Goodnight, Sayuri," whispered [Name] tenderly, bending down once more to place a gentle kiss on the slumbering infant's forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow morning. Please wake me up if anything happens, Yui-baa."

Yui remained silent as [Name] joined Madara outside, and followed him back to their room after he had shut the door behind themselves. Upon reaching their room, [Name] pushed past the Uchiha and headed in first, leaving her husband to follow suit.

"Aren't you excited to finally be getting a good night of sleep?" roared Madara as he gleefully hugged [Name] from behind, lifting her up in the air. [Name] grimaced as he set her back down on the ground, laying his head on her shoulder. "I've missed you. It's as if you've been avoiding me for the past few weeks."

"I really haven't been doing that," said [Name] weakly, walking towards the cupboard and dragging Madara along with her. Pulling out their bedding, she added, "I know better than that."

Madara smirked at his wife's undeniable dutifulness, impressed by how long she had remained docile towards his every command.

"I thought I couldn't love you any more than before, but I was wrong!" cooed the Uchiha as he swooped in and placed a kiss on his beloved's cheek. "My beautiful, faithful wife. I can't wait to see what our future holds in this new village!"

"Are you going to latch onto me the entire night, or are you going to let me set up our beds?"

"Hmm, I forgot we were required to dismiss our servants after dinner. Oh well. I guess we had to sacrifice some of our luxuries for the sake of finding peace with the Senju, right? Hashirama wasn't kidding when he said he wanted everyone to be equals."

"Naturally."

***

"Senpai! Tobirama-senpai! Do you have a minute?!"

"Senpai?! Who do you think you're talking to, you little-"

Sasuke sighed and shook his head as Naruto bounded up to none other than Tobirama, only to receive a thunk over the head by the irritated looking Senju. Naruto whined as he rubbed his head, while the white-haired male remained glaring at his comrade.