92

"[Name]? Where are you going?"

Having already put Boruto and Himawari to bed, Naruto was surprised as [Name] stormed back into the house, into her room, and then reemerged seconds later with an assortment of her gear in her hands.

"Out."

Ignoring the befuddled spluttering from the Uzumaki, [Name] headed straight back outside, where she was met by a sighing Tobirama.

"Are you ready, [Name]?"

"[Name], where are you going?" cried out Naruto once more, this time reaching out and grabbing the Kouhage's wrist.

"I'll be back, Naruto," said the [h/c] woman icily, glaring at the blond over her shoulder. "Let me go."

"I can't let you go without knowing what you're up to! If it's something about Madara, [Name], please-"

"Naruto."

Tobirama's stern voice cut right through the Uzumaki's sentence, immediately prompting him to quieten down.

"[Name] and I will be fine. She will return as soon as she has dealt with her business."

Reluctantly releasing [Name]'s wrist, Naruto could only watch as she shot off with Tobirama.

***

The journey back to Konoha was a long and arduous one, as well as a quiet one. Not one to make conversation when she had such a pressing matter on her mind, as soon as [Name] reached the outskirts of the Konoha area two days later, she stopped in her tracks and turned to Tobirama.

"Where exactly is he?"

"Well, the thing is..."

With only a split second to think, [Name]'s eyes widened as she leapt up from her spot amongst the treetops, followed swiftly by Tobirama as they both sensed the presence of their target.

"Oooh, I see you're still a decent kunoichi!"

[Name] scowled as she hung onto one of the branches above her, glaring at the familiar figure below. There stood the Uchiha she had come to confront, grinning arrogantly at her as he stood up straight with his arms crossed.

"Why are you up there, my love?" he asked in a falsely sweet voice, attempting to coax the Kouhage down.

"Madara!" barked Tobirama, who was ultimately ignored by the Uchiha. "We're here to take you back to Konoha to stand trial for your crimes!"

"Crimes? What crimes do you speak of?" asked Madara, feigning ignorance and tilting his head as he looked up at [Name]. "If loving my wife is considered a crime, then so be it."

"You didn't love me, you psychopath!"

[Name] leapt down from her safety and stood a distance in front of Madara, joined shortly later by Tobirama.

"You were obsessive, and cruel, and controlling!" yelled out the Kouhage, her hands balled into fists at her side. "What have you done to my family?! What have you done to Sayuri?!"

Madara pouted at [Name]'s words, further eliciting anger on her side.

"What kind of man do you take me to be? Sayuri is safe at home, getting the upbringing we should have been giving her. Where have you been, huh? Abandoning your role as a mother? I hope whatever you've been up to lately was worth it. Do you even remember what Sayuri looks like? Your own daughter? Remember her?"