redeemed

"WOOHOO! Another one in the bag for me, suck on that you stupid department of corrections!"

Surrounded by darkness, Sasuke tried and ultimately failed to make sense of his whereabouts. No matter how he tried, he found that he couldn't access any of his chakra, and for one of the first times ever, he felt completely vulnerable.

"What's up, Sasuke? Long time no see!" said an awfully cheerful voice, which Sasuke couldn't pinpoint in the dark. "Remember how you asked me if [Name] would be reborn in the same world as you?"

"... no. Who are you?"

"Well, just for fun, I threw all of you into the same world again!" continued the voice, completely ignoring Sasuke's question. The sound of palms slapping down on a table reverberated around the room, prompting the Uchiha to lean back as far as he possibly could in the seat he was restricted to. "And may I say, your patience this time round astounded me! How do you feel?"

"Just tell me where I am."

"You, my dear friend, have been sent back to me once more before I decide where to send you for the rest of eternity! Yay!"

"So I'm... dead?"

"Physically, yes. But hey, do you wanna hear a recap?"

"..."

The sound of chair legs scraping against the floor hurt Sasuke's ears as he assumed the person to be speaking took a seat, continuing to speak.

"Quick recap. This is- well, more like was- your seventh life. In your first life, you were a war hero and saved a whole country! Your second life was... average, in your third life you saved a few people- not as great as a whole country but it was still good- and then your fourth and fifth lives were just average, pfft, that's that. In your sixth life, you were responsible for the death of a man named Naruto Uzumaki, then the abduction, rape, and murder of a woman named [Name] [Surname]."

Sasuke let out an indignant choke as he listened to the voice's accusations, feeling insulted by how casually they flung the words in his face.

"But this time! Woo, boy am I glad you bucked up your attitude!" exclaimed the voice. "The big guys were breathing down my neck about giving people second chances- thank goodness you pulled through for me, Sasuke! You went above and beyond my expectations! I've gotta say, when it was time to help [Name] escape from Konoha, I was holding my breath! I thought you were gonna do something else selfish, like kidnap her and run off into the wild or something!"

"Did you say I murdered Naruto and [Name]?! That's impossible! They're my good friends!"

"No, sixth-life Sasuke only murdered Naruto. He abducted, brainwashed, raped, and murdered [Name]."

Feeling disgust at the thought of ever committing such horrid acts against his two good friends, Sasuke leaned back in his seat with his emotions written all over his face.

"Now, now, Sasuke! You should be happy!"

"Not after you claim that I hurt two people whom I care for very deeply."

"Hey kid, new cycle, new people," said the voice in a matter-of-fact voice, tapping lightly on the table top. "Look, if you have any questions, you gotta make it quick. I need to process you and send you through to purgatory for them to process you so I can take in my next soul."

"So basically... you've been watching my whole life?"

"Yup! All the big events, all the nitty gritty details... all the times you got hot and heavy with [Name]. Eh? Eh??"