epilogue

"[Name]? You've got a letter."

Following Madara's demise, [Name] hadn't even bothered to return to Konoha- instead, she had opted to let Tobirama deal with his remains, and returned immediately to Uzushiogakure. Since then, she hadn't heard a single word from Konoha, so she wasn't sure of how Tobirama had explained Madara's death to the council... if he had even told them at all.

Either way, no matter how [Name] looked at it, she knew that she wouldn't be welcomed back into Konoha at this rate, and since Ashina didn't seem to mind her presence in his village, her living arrangements with Naruto remained unchanged.

Two years had since passed since [Name] had taken revenge on Madara, and in that span of time her relationships with both Boruto and Himawari had improved drastically. She had formally been made a citizen of the village, and had even been recently instated as a kunoichi. This was apparently something Boruto found "cool," and he had taken it upon himself to enlist [Name] as his teacher after school to get in some extra practise so that he could one up the other children in his class.

"Otou-san, do you think I could be a kunoichi too?"

As [Name] and Boruto put a pause on their spar at Naruto's interruption, Himawari, who had been sitting on the balcony and watching, looked up at her father.

"Of course," grinned Naruto, joining his daughter and patting the top of her head. "With me and [Name] as your teachers, you and Boruto will be the finest shinobi out there!"

"Otou-san, you're ruining my training!" whined Boruto as [Name] jogged over to the Uzumaki, wondering what mail she could have been receiving.

"It's nice to see you back in action," smiled Naruto, holding out the envelope to the Kouhage.

"It feels good to be back."

Huffing as she hoisted herself up next to Himawari, [Name] tore off the top of the envelope and took out the letter within.

"Okaa-san? What is it?" asked Himawari, leaning over in curiosity as she watched [Name]'s jaw drop.

"A wedding!" exclaimed the frazzled female in shock, showing the letter to Naruto. "Look, a- wait, did you just call me okaa-san?!"

Face going red at her little quip being noticed, Himawari shied away and made to hide her face in her father's arm, earning a laugh from the blond.

"It's okay, Himawari," said the Uzumaki reassuringly, giving his daughter a hug. Flustered enough as it was, [Name] shook her head and smiled at the little girl, patting her on the leg.

"It is," added the Kouhage, not wanting Himawari to be embarrassed.

"Hey! I HEARD WEDDING!"

Boruto, who had been busy at target practise while he waited for [Name] to return, turned and yelled at the trio on the balcony as he heard the word "wedding."

"Are you two getting married?!" exclaimed Boruto as he bolted towards them, eyes wide in shock as he looked at his father then at [Name] for an explanation.

"What's gotten into you two?!" asked Naruto, aghast at his children's odd behaviour. "No, [Name] and I aren't- for the last time, we're just friends, and we're not getting married!"

"[Name]-chan basically raises us, you might as well be married," scowled Boruto, crossing his arms and shooting his father a dark glare.

"Boruto, I'm more like a nanny," pointed out the Kouhage, wagging a finger in the little boy's face. "And Himawari, it's okay. You can call me whatever you want. Okay?"

"... okay."

"What did Himawari call you?!"

"Nothing important," announced [Name], getting to her feet. "Alright, everyone- get packing! we've got a wedding to get to!"