45

"I think that looks good. What do you think?"

"It's beautiful, [Name]. But... why are you giving it to me?"

[Name] beamed as she stepped back, having dressed Sakura in one of her own many tomesode kimono with the Uchiha crest on it.

"I have too many," said the Kouhage airily, waving away the Haruno's doubts. "Besides, I think this one looks good on you. Don't you think?"

"I guess..." mumbled Sakura, glancing over her shoulder to stare at her elaborately decorated obi. "But I have nowhere to wear it."

"You can wear it around the house," snorted [Name], crossing her arms as she analysed the pinkette's appearance. "You don't always need to go places to wear nice clothes."

Sakura smiled, abashed by [Name]'s words.

"[Name], you're really too kind to me. I have nothing to offer you in return."

"Hey, you birthed Sasuke's kid, and make us food. That's plenty," laughed [Name], looking towards the door as they heard Sarada's distant giggles, followed by Sasuke calling out, "Sarada? Sarada, come back here!"

"We ask him to watch her for fifteen minutes and he's already lost her," sighed [Name], shaking her head as she saw the little girl's shadow lingering outside of Sakura's bedroom door. "Sarada! Are you listening to your father?"

Leaving Sakura to admire her newly acquired kimono, [Name] headed towards the door and slowly pulled it back, frightening Sarada with a little "Boo!"

The little girl whined as [Name] pulled a face at her, and held out her hands for her to pick her up. As [Name] slid the door open entirely, she saw Sasuke come sprinting around the corner looking thoroughly displeased, tripping over as he lurched forward with his arms outstretched.

"Sasuke," scolded [Name] lightly, picking up Sarada and holding her on her hip. "You had one job. How hard is it to keep Sarada entertained for fifteen minutes?"

"Have you tried?!" exclaimed Sasuke breathlessly, slapping a palm against his forehead in frustration. Sarada buried her face in [Name]'s shoulder, prompting a laugh from the Kouhage.

"Is Sasuke being mean to you?" asked [Name] teasingly, earning a furious nod from the Uchiha's daughter. [Name] chuckled as Sasuke rolled his eyes, letting out a groan of defeat.

"You two are done now, right?" asked the Uchiha impatiently, looking into Sakura's room and glancing at the Haruno. "Okay, great job. Sakura, take Sarada back. [Name], let's go now."

"Come on, Sasuke," whined [Name], holding onto Sarada as the young girl pushed herself away from the Kouhage's shoulder and began slapping her on the cheeks. "Come on! Playing with Sarada isn't that hard! Besides, I think Sakura would enjoy a trip to the baths on her own, without having to worry about looking after Sarada. Right, Sakura?"

"H-Huh?"

"You go ahead to the baths," said [Name] kindly, nodding at the Haruno as she faced the trio with a look of confusion. "Take your time. Have a nice, looooong soak in the springs. You deserve some time to relax."

"Thank you for your kind offer, [Name], but I couldn't possibly leave Sarada in your care!" retorted Sakura, glancing warily at her daughter. Ever since she had been born, she had never spent a day away from her mother, and although Sakura was tempted to take up [Name]'s offer, she felt like a bad mother for leaving Sarada behind so easily.

"Do you not trust us?" scoffed [Name], bouncing Sarada around and pulling faces as the young girl giggled.

"N-No, it's not that..."