37

"Thank you for joining me at such short notice, [Name]."

As [Name] entered Madara's office the following morning after a long night tending to Sakura and Sarada, she could only be wary as to why the Uchiha had suddenly called her to meet him. She had appeared that morning on the training grounds, ready to start the day with Shisui- only for her companion to tell her that Madara wanted to see her urgently.

A thousand thoughts running through her mind as to what on earth Madara possibly wanted to talk to her about, [Name] broke into a cold sweat.

Is he going to ask me more about Naruto? Anything else I have to do with the Senju? I thought everything was fine?!

"Please, I apologise in advance for any troubles I have brought to you," said [Name] carefully, bowing before the seated Uchiha. Raising an eyebrow, Madara indicated for [Name] to take a seat, which she duly did so.

"The only trouble you've been bringing around here is trouble upon yourself. Didn't I tell you to enlist the help of the midwives so that you could focus on your own duties?"

"Y-Yes Madara-sama. A midwife will be temporarily moving in with us within the next week," stuttered [Name], fearful of Madara's reaction to her delaying the employment of a midwife to take care of Sarada and Sakura.

The Uchiha narrowed his eyes at [Name]'s skittish words, noticing that she was exactly as worn out and haggard as Shisui had described. Although she appeared to be in good spirits, there was no denying how close to the edge she appeared; no matter how hard she tried to put on a strong face, her exhaustion was starting to show through the cracks.

"That's very good, [Name], but why wasn't one employed earlier? So as not to cause such disruption to your schedule?"

"That- that is my fault, Madara-sama. I wanted to make sure myself that Sakura and Sarada were perfectly comfortable before introducing a stranger into our home. My deepest apologies. I will endeavour to have the midwife move in as soon as possible."

Madara sighed as he leaned back in his seat, apprehending the Kouhage as she sat kneeled on the ground, head bowed in deep remorse.

"Shisui has been telling me that you've been distant during your classes with the children," announced the leader, causing [Name] to wince. "I briefly discussed the issue with Naka and Obito, and they too seem to think you've been biting off more than you can chew. Now, I didn't mind allowing you to nurse Sakura, but it has begun affecting your performance as a teacher and instructor. As a result, I'm afraid I'm going to have to take matters into my own hands."

[Name] grimaced as she clutched onto her knees, wrenching her eyes shut as she prepared herself for Madara's punishment.

"I am standing you down from all of your kunoichi duties for three days, starting from today," said the Uchiha sternly. "In those three days, Shisui, Naka, and Obito will be taking over your classes, this midwife will move into your home to take care of the household duties, and you-"

He leaned forward and poked [Name] in the shoulder, making her look up in fear.

"You, are being banished for the first night. Which is today."

"What?!"

"Don't look so afraid, [Name]," chuckled Madara, amused by how pale [Name]'s face had gotten. "I'm simply banishing you to the home of one of our elder couples. They have received strict instructions that you are not to leave their house, and you are not to participate in any chore or errand whatsoever. They will provide you with dinner and breakfast before allowing you to leave. You may return home tomorrow morning, but I forbid you from assisting Sakura and her child any further. I will make sure the midwife keeps a strict eye on you."