72

"... so this is it? We drop everything, and... and what? Move in with the Senju?"

Back at the compound upon calling the truce with Hashirama, Madara sighed as he found himself explaining his actions to his council, none of whom looked too pleased with the news. Out of them all, it appeared that the younger members had borne the brunt of the countless battles, with Shisui and Sasuke still visibly healing from their wounds.

"Hashirama has proposed the construction of a major village, in which we and all our allies can live together in harmony," explained the leader, now unsure of how loyal his senior council members would be to him after his drastic change in tactics. "It is neither a win or a loss for us. It is simply a way forward towards a peaceful future not only for ourselves, but our children as well."

"And how does he propose on running this village?" spat Baru vilely, his disdain against the Senju palpable. "Is this meant to be a village run solely by the Senju? Are we meant to abide by their rules?"

"Of course not!" retorted Madara. "It has been promised that both the Uchiha and the Senju will play an equal part in the running and infrastructure of this newfound village. You needn't worry about any of those troubles. Trust me. These past few months have... opened up my eyes, to say the least."

There was silence as the council accepted their leader's words.

"How many of our own did we lose these past few months?" asked Madara softly, looking at each and every member directly. "And not even just these past few months- how many years have we had to go through loss after loss? Is that the kind of future we want our children to suffer through? Have we all not lost loved ones important to us, throughout the entirety of our lives?"

He looked towards Kagami and Baru.

"You both lost children to the war," said the Uchiha, earning frowns from both his underclassmen. "Do you really want to lose any more?"

"... no, Madara-sama."

With that, Madara glanced at Fugaku, and in turn, Sasuke and Itachi behind him.

"Luckily for you, your sons were proficient enough to make it through their harsh, early years," continued the leader. Behind their father, Itachi and Sasuke exchanged wary glances, while Fugaku himself lowered his head.

"But what about Kazuki and Sarada?"

At the mention of their respective children, Itachi and Sasuke shared a collective frown.

"Do you really want to subject your children to a lifetime of war, like we had to endure?"

Itachi answered for both of them.

"No, Madara-sama."

"I had assumed so. This is our opportunity to move forward. That being said, I-"

Everyone's attention turned to the door as the faint sound of rushed footsteps could be heard running towards the room, raising alarm from the gathered council members as shouting could be heard.

As the door burst open, Shisui, Sasuke, and Itachi all leapt to their feet, only to see one of their own gasping for air as he dashed into the room.

"Madara-sama!" exclaimed Kaien, shaking off the guards who attempted to apprehend him and looking towards the leader. "[Name]-sama- [Name]-sama is giving birth!"

Madara jumped to his feet, the joy obvious in his eyes.

"Let's go!"

As Madara sprinted out of the room ahead of Kaien, the other council members remained behind looking thoroughly wonderstruck.