Chapter Twenty-Six

I storm straight out of the bathroom, slamming the door closed behind me. I use the back of my shaking hands to wipe away the tears from underneath my eyes. I look up after clearing my eyes, still storming through the canteen, seeing Louis sat on the same table he was before, doing something on his phone, as if nothing had even happened.

I finally reach my table. All heads are now looking at me, and I notice a horrified look on Jessa’s face. I scramble around on the floor, finding my bag which I had thrown under the table before, throwing it straight over my shoulder.

“Sammie, what-” Jessa begins.

“I’m going back to the room. I want to be on my own for a bit.” I simply say, turning around and ignoring the calls of my name coming from the table of my friends. I know that they will want me to speak to them about what’s going on, but I keep finding it almost impossible to speak at the minute without sobs escaping my quivering lips.

I lift up my head, once again having to wipe away the tears from under my eyes. Bits of my hair stick to the stickiness on my cheeks, and the anger is still bubbling inside me. I sniff up the liquid in my nose and pull my falling bag back up onto my shoulder. As my eyes divert from the ground, they focus on Louis as he stares at me whilst I storm through everyone in the canteen. He does nothing. He says nothing. Instead, he just turns back around and pretends he hasn’t seen me.

I reach into my bag, pulling out the white envelope that has ‘Lou’ scribbled on the front in my handwriting. It was a birthday card I had bought for him a couple of days ago, since Dan had let slip that it was his birthday next week. I walk straight up to Louis, slamming the card down on the table in front of him. I’m facing the back of his head, but I kneel down, whispering, “Go to fucking hell,” harshly into his ear.

I’m still shaking with anger. Never would I have thought that he could have been so cruel. He stood there and watched me pour out my heart to him, kiss him so passionately, then just left me there and walked out as if I was nothing to him.

“I didn’t tell you it was my birthday,” I hear being shouted down the corridor.

It’s him. I spin right around, looking him dead in the eye, though my eyesight is blurry from crying. I look awful. My eyes are red. My face is blotchy. Yet I’m too pissed off and angry at the minute to care.

“No Louis, you didn’t, but some people actually care. I cared, that’s why I went to the effort of going out and finding something you might like. I made an effort to find something that would make you smile and lighten you up a little, but I might as well just throw the gift straight into the trash, huh?”

Louis just huffs, “May aswell.”

I actually laugh at how ridiculous this is. The boy that sat by my bedside every day, praying for me to wake up, is now speaking to me like I’m a piece of shit he’s stepped on outside.

“Who the hell are you?” I shout, pointing in the direction of him. We’re both now stood a few meters away from one another. “If I’d have known you were like this from the beginning, I’d have stayed as far away from you as possible." He stares at me, his teeth chewing on the corner of his lip. A devastated look appears on his face. "You don't have to worry about me leaving you alone, I promise to stay as far away from you as I possibly can," I huff, shaking my head as I speak, not even being able to stand looking at Louis a second longer.

I turn back around, leaving him stood there, and just planning on going back to my room, climbing into my warm bed and sleeping for the next week. Though, I knew that once I shut my eyes and put my head to that soft pillow I love so much, my thoughts will run wild and I won't get any sleep tonight.