Chapter Two

Waking up at 11am the next morning was definitely one of the best things: no lessons, no lectures and no alarm clock rudely awaking me from my sweet dreams at a stupid time of 7am.

I just laid in my bed for the next couple of minutes, staring up at the white painted ceiling, listening to the sounds of the hairdryer coming from the bathroom, which was when I realised that Jessa's bed was empty. I groaned as I stretched, but eventually found the energy in me to pull myself out of the comfort of my bed.

"Jess," I called over the hairdryer, hearing it then come to a halt as she replied with a 'yeah'. I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand, feeling them sting a little as I did, "have you seen my phone?"

"Charging by the computer," she says simply, before continuing to dry her chocolate brown hair in front of the mirror.

I pick my phone off the wooden table that holds the computer, and feel the slight disappointment when I see that I have no new messages, but then remembering that this time in, say three hours, I'll be back at home with my family. My attention is suddenly focused now on the door, as three knocks come from the other end. I wasn't quite sure who would be knocking, as most of the girls me and Jessa are friends with had left campus last night instead of this morning, but I guess we just weren't up for the driving in the dark.

I came face to face with a smiling Louis as I swung open the door to our dorm. He stood there casually, hands tucked into his jean pockets and his hair styled in his normal quiff. Louis stood beside Dan, who stood with the same posture as he did. Dan's hair was a lot lighter shade of brown than Louis was, and it swept across his forehead perfectly with not a strand out of place.

"What are you two doing here?" I ask in slight shock.

"Not exactly the greeting I was expecting," Louis rolls his eyes, and without invitation, steps into our dorm like he lived here himself. I stand still quite shocked as to what's going on, remembering back to the first day of college when Mrs Marshal made it very clear that boys weren't allowed in the girls' dorms without permission, and vice versa. I also remember the consequences that would come of it too.

"Are you trying to get us all into trouble?" I ask them, putting both hands on my hips, my eyes diverting to Jessa as she walks out of the bathroom with a face full of confusion. I shrug my shoulders over at her, knowing already what she was thinking in her head.

"Sammie don't worry about it," Louis says coolly whilst dropping himself down onto the end of my bed, "the consequences were just threats. They don't give a shit who goes in who's dorm."

I suppose that made sense, since we all were eighteen years or older.

I wave my hand in front of me, "Anyway, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you doing here?"

Him and Dan look at one another, grinning like mischievous little boys. Louis rests himself backwards so that he's leaning back on my bed, but holding himself up with his elbows.

"We've come to see if you both want to grab some dinner with us before you leave," Louis tells me, but it all seems too normal for him. Just lunch? So casual, yet so normal for Louis Taylor. I sensed that there was more to it. "Maybe during that time we'd be able to change your mind about coming with us to Dan's this week."

I roll my eyes in realization, seeing Jessa tut before making her way back into the bathroom.

"Well it will be a complete waste of time I promise you. Besides, were leaving before lunch so..."

The frustraded groans that escape the boys' lips afterwards humours me slightly. Louis gets himself up off my bed, motioning for Dan to follow him. I press my pips tightly together as I hold back my laugh. I'd come to realize that Louis Taylor always seemed to get what he wanted, and if he didn't, well let's just say his face really did show the mood he was put in.