Chapter Fourty-Eight

I had been driving for around forty minutes. All alone. Just me and my thoughts in a quiet car. No radio. Just the sound of the tires against the road was the only sound that could be heard, and even that was so easy for me to drown out, until I was surrounded once again by silence.

Though I suppose, that was a lie. Sure, there was no physical noise, but my mind was creating the most irritating noise inside of my currently messed up head. And that noise was the noise of my thoughts.

My wipers rapidly move from left to right along the front window of my car, getting rid of each little rain droplet as they drop down from the black sky above the city. I didn't know where I was going, but it seems I must have known all along where I was going when an LAC sign welcomed me into a parking lot.

I manage to find an empty bay, parking up the car and turning off the engine. I turn my head to look up at the college building in front of me, knowing that I was currently just sat meters away from my daughter and all I had to do was go inside and she would be in my arms in a matter of minutes.

The rain began hammering down onto my car a lot heavier now, as I just remained in my seat with my hands glued to the steering wheel in front of me. Aside from the rain, all I could hear was the very faint sound of my thumb tapping against the wheel. And I just sat there, debating with myself whether or not to go in there and see my daughter, tell her what I had just been told...

_________________________________

I shudder at the heavy rain bouncing off of the windows, creating puddles of deep water outside and turning the pale brown wooden benches a shade of deep, dark brown.

Thankfully, I wasn't out there. I walked down the English corridor in my grey LAC zip up jacket, that had 'Sammie' written on the back, hanging loosely off of my shoulders, a plain white t shirt underneath. It was a late English lesson that had to be rescheduled due to a leak in the previous classroom this morning, which meant that they had to find us somewhere else to have our two hour session, and at seven o clock at night, I am not entirely a motivated person.

Louis walks coolly behind me, definitely not looking exactly impressed that we're having to go and sit a two hour lesson at seven at night. That was proved around thirty minutes ago when I had to force him out of his dorm.

"This is a joke," I hear him moan behind me, to which I roll my eyes. Looking at him over my shoulder, I can't help but smirk at his tired state.

His chocolate brown hair falls flat, slightly sweeping over his forehead. Not a quiff in sight. And he wears a dark purple hoodie with the word 'LA Lakers' scribbled on in white. There was no effort made with him this evening, just clothes he had thrown on in a matter of seconds, yet somehow, he managed to look so incredibly breath taking. I envied him for being able to do that. Still managing to turn heads in the corridor just a minute after crawling out of his bed.

"I can't promise you I won't fall asleep," Lou mumbles, allowing a groan to leave his mouth after he had spoken.

"I got you to the class, that's good enough for me," I reply, and pull down the door handle at the same time, to reveal a full class of thirty students all sat on chairs towards the back of the room. There were no desks out so I was guessing this was going to be a lecture.

All heads turned to face the two entering the room. The two that were me and Louis. All 30 pairs of eyes on us. 31 including Mrs Marshal. As soon as I saw the fact our original English teacher had been replaced with Mrs Marshal for this lesson, I knew that Louis was instantly in a terrible mood. Mrs Marshal and Louis had a clash in personalities, and let's just say, don't exactly see eye to eye.