Chapter 17

<<<<<>>>>>

YOUR POV

Two months later

Taehyung and the other members went to the States for performing their album. I felt a little sorrow at first, but he said he'll always call me or text me whenever he can. I respect that. Before that, everything was normal. Taehyung gets busy with work, while I was busy in waiting for a letter that can change my life.

I applied in three universities. SKY
S - Seoul National University
K - Korea University
Y - Yonsei University

I knew my parents are supporting to get in. But I didn't have a little faith to get in. Those are top high professional colleges full of smart and confident people. And then there's me. The confident one but not the smart. Which was a major problem I have to say for myself.

My thoughts scattered away as I heard my door knocked. I said, 'Come in' before seeing my mother peaking at the door. She held in her hands a plate of chocolate cookies with a side glass of milk.

"Waiting for a letter?" She asked while placing the plate on the study table.

"Yeah. It's frustrating."

It can be a little deceiving sometimes. But I know you're smart enough to get in."

"What if I didn't?" I doubted.

"That's not the right question," She sat down on the bed next to me, "It's 'What if I did?'"

"Do you think I'll get in?"

"I think you forgot that your mother has all As in her exams and aced every text that came." She made me form a smile. "Surely of course, you'll get it. Obviously if you didn't, I will slap them."

I bursted laughter as she did as well. "You're much better than dad."

"I know, that's why I'm always the fabulous one in the family." I chuckled. "This is the reason why many suitors like me."

"Then why did you marry a man like him?" I asked.

"Have I told you a reason?" I shook my head.

I suddenly saw her lips form a smirk. "I was young when I married your dad. He was fun, ridiculously smart, and hands—"

"Mom. We've talked about this." I get annoyed when she goes off topic. I feel more uncomfortable than I already am and she makes them worse.

"Well..I wouldn't say he's smart. I remembered the time, he broke off his label with JYP entertainment." I raised a brow as my mother looked up at the ceiling.

"JYP? You mean as in the entertainment production group of Twice, Wonder Girls—"

"Yes, I mean that." My eyes widen before my mouth did an 'O' shape.

"Why did he give it up?" I asked.

"He was just passing through his career when I met him. But when months came by, he ditched his work just to go on dates with me."