Chapter 22

<<<<<>>>>>

YOUR POV

I was so busy watching kdramas that it was 4am. Also I received a call from Taehyung. I was so excited to hear his voice again.

"Hey, sorry I woke you up." He apologized.

"No no, it's alright. I've been pretty busy myself."

"In what?"

"Korean dramas along side with Netflix shows."

"That's cute." I can sense that he's smiling. "So remember the surprise I was going to tell you?"

"Yes?"

"You will have to come to my dorm. I wanna see you so bad. I missed you so much!" Taehyung whined. I could hear sorrow and desperate in his words. He really missed me. What a cutie.

"Right now?"

"Sure why not."

"I can't, mom and dad will check on me."

He knew my mom and dad are strict and fun. He gets that. He also said one day he will meet my dad. I wondered how dad will react when he meets him.

"Aww. Okay. But check your window."

With no thinking, I got out of bed and walked towards my window. I leaned against the window looking down. My room is on the 2nd floor so I have to look down as my face is against the window glass.

I saw Taehyung holding his phone next to his ear and smiling up at me. You heard him through the phone, "Gonna let me in or do I have to let myself in?"

I chuckled and said, "Go to the front door, but be very quiet, my parents are sleeping."

I hanged up, and went downstairs. I quietly tiptoed to the front door. Reason why I was tiptoeing was because I saw my dad in the living room watching TV at flipping 4am in the morning (he's not normal). 

I unlocked the lock on the door and twisted the door knob slowly. As I opened it wide enough for Taehyung to come in. I put my index finger against my lips. Hoping he gets the idea.

Taehyung comes inside as I lock the door. I sign languaged him that my dad is in the living room. But it took me awhile for Taehyung to understand it. Until my dad coughed. Then he knew he should be quiet.

I took the lead, and held his hands while going upstairs. I passed two doors. The first door was my parents room, the second was the bathroom. Then the third door is my room. I opened my door quietly as Taehyung went in. But as soon as I was going inside, the first door was opening.

I saw my mom still half awake. Damn it. I forgot that my mom wakes up at 4am. And the first thing she noticed was me. I closed my door so that mom won't see Taehyung.

And they are not ready to see this man in my room, they would lose their minds!

"Hey sweetie, you woke up early too?" She said as she was stretching.

"Yeah," I made a fake yawn. "I'm going back to sleep."

"Alright, I'm going to make coffee then slap your dad." She said while yawning.

"Why?" I said out of curiosity.

"I had no one beside me." She said as she went down the stairs. "Have a good sleep sweetheart!" She said as her head keeps getting lower from my view.

"Thanks..." I opened the door and see Taehyung with a blank expression.

Even with a blank expression, I couldn't resist him. He's so darn cute.

I whispered to him, "You can sit down on my bed."

He scanned my room looking right to left. He adored my collection of plushies on the side of my bed. He loved the light blue walls painted a few months ago.

He took a bounce on my bed and made himself comfy.

"Your room smells nice." He said while smiling.

"Thanks."

He looked at my study desk, and sees 3 letters, ripped open from the mail. He got up from my bed and walked towards them to get a better look.

Great timing. I'm so glad he's here. I need to tell him.

"I proud of you." He said in English. Which was surprising. He said the same thing as dad said.

"고마워." Means thanks.

I approached him slowly and he was smiling as he was looking at the letters. He was really proud of me. The sincere and pride in his voice brought excitement to my body.
But that excitement faded away after a thought came to my mind.

"Taehyung oppa, I think we should talk." He looked up at me, his eyes were a little hurt and full of curious.

Whenever a person says something about 'the talk' to their lover, they knew something was up.

"Let's...just sit down.."

We took a seat on my bed before I locked the door if anyone comes in.

"So..I've been thinking.." I started talking. But the more I talk about this, the more hurt I'll be to say it.

Words didn't come out of my mouth after that. He knew it too. He released a big sigh from his lips. "Y/N..if you found someone else.."

"What? No no no no."

Damn it he got it wrong.

"Then what is it?"

"I—" My voice cracked. Damn it, the kdrama I was watching gave me heartache.

"Since you saw my letters, I've been accepted to SKY, I knew I needed to focus on my career so-" he cut me off.

"I get it."

"You do?"

Well that was easy.

"Yeah I really do. That's why I want you to meet my parents." My lips parted and turned into an 'O'.

"Wha—?"

"That's the surprise." He looked up to the ceiling and left out a big sigh. "I told my mom, I met someone."

I nodded slowly.

"She was so excited to meet you. But I told her not yet. And since you're going to college and studying, we'll have less time being together. When I heard you got accepted to SKY, I was happy but felt sorry for myself.  I knew we would have to figure out a way for us. I knew that we'll have this talk. I knew..." He closed his eyes.

"I-I didn't want you to go far away."

I knew he hated long-term distance relationships. They never last. I think there was a rumor of a fan who dated him before but in long distance. He doesn't want it to happen again. He hated it. He really hates being alone.

I took a sigh.

"Taehyung opp-"

"Also, since the LY Tear album is getting released in ten minutes, I wrote lyrics for you." He faced me. "So listen to it."

He wrote lyrics for me?..

"Every song, I put a hidden word in it. If you figured it out, I'll surprise you."

No. I don't want to be surprised. I hate to say it but I hate surprises now.

"No—"

"Y/N? You there?" I heard my dad's voice behind the door. And dad has the key to every room in this house.

<<<<<>>>>>
Edited by: sami590 ❤️
I'm surprised and loved by the way she corrects this chapter 💜