Chapter 39

<<<<<>>>>>

YOUR POV

"You're what?!" As my dad screamed at me, I felt a sudden chill running down my spine as rain poured down on the rooftop.

"Sit down honey." My mom tried calming him, as she tried pushing him down.

"Y/N, what were you thinking. This isn't the daughter I raised." I felt a lot of guilt and felt very disappointed in myself.

"Is that boy the father?" I looked up to see my mom's eyes concerned and sorrow.

I shook my head slowly, "N-No, it isn't."

My head was down again. I played with two thumbs in a circulation. It's my mannerism. I heard dad's footsteps fading away then a loud bang from the door as he shut it.

"Dear, don't worry, you'll get through this and just give your dad some time to come to terms with it." My mom tries to be as calm as she can, But I know she's sad.

"You know, we're really alike." I look up and furrowed my eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" She held my hand.

"I think it's time for you to hear this."

"What is it?" Curiosity ran through my mind. She took a deep breath.

"Your dad isn't your biological dad." My eyes widen.

"What?" I'm losing my brain cells.

"When I was in a relationship with your dad, there was this other guy that I liked." She paused. "Don't take this the wrong way though," her grip was getting weak, "One time I was at a party and I was drunk after a few shots. A guy came to me, we talked and laughed, I thought it was your dad."

God I already know where this is going.

"Skip the sex. Please." I cut her.

"Okay okay." She chuckled.

"The next few weeks, I started to feel nauseous. Then that's how I know I was pregnant with you."

"Question."

"Hmm?"

"Does dad know I'm not his.."

"Yes he knows." She added. "And he's your dad's best friend."

My eyes widen, jaw dropped while covering my mouth. "What the fu—"

"Don't swear." She lectured, pointing a finger at me, warning me.

I stayed quiet. I knew my parents weren't perfect. They never fought in front of me. They seemed happy. But now that I realized it, mom is always full of guilt. Dad always keeps quiet. Yet they still married each other.

"So, are you saying it's best to confess to Taehyung?" I nodded.

"It's best for you to tell him instead of him finding out by someone else!" She furrowed her brows, "Who is the OTHER guy?" I froze.