Chapter Five: I Don't Know

Elsa was walking through the hallways, her free period is her excuse of not being in class. Usually, Elsa would finish her unfinished homework but this time she wanted something different. She just wanted to sit back and relax and think about what had happened in the past weeks.

She got to the big oval and was relieved that there was no one there. She got under a tree and layed down, the shade of the tree guarding her from the sun.

So far, I am in a popular girls' group. We have enemies. Girls keep giving me dirty glares. Oh! And apparently I talked to a guy three times when we're not even supposed to look at them! She thought. How can she keep this a secret?

Jack, on the other hand, was looking for her. He, too, had a free period and looked frantically trying to find her. He then checked the last place he haven't looked yet. The oval. Soon enough, he spotted her. He quietly walked to her and heard her humming. It was a song but he couldn't recognise the words.

"Hey!" he said. Elsa sat up, abruptly. But the sudden movement of hers made her head feel dizzy.

"Ugh," she groaned. She then looked at the person who greeted her and saw Jack.

Why am I not surprised? She thought. He turns up everytime I make it around the corner.

Jack sat down to Elsa. He then noticed Elsa layed down and did the same thing.

"What are you doing here?" she asked him.

"Well, I did need someone to tutor me and I'm having a guess that you want to do it," he answered.

"Forget it," she said, waving her hand to him. She stood up, walked away, leaving Jack without another word.

Jack caught up to her but never walked besides here. Instead, he walked behind her. Elsa could feel Jack's presence and picked up her pace to leave but Jack's running legs were on and soon enough, Jack caught Elsa's hand.

Elsa could feel shivers down her spine as Jack's hand was closed over hers. She didn't know why but the wind suddenly picked up as her mind was cricling about their hands together.

"Elsa," Jack said quietly. He can't see her face since she was facing down in shame.

Sorry, Anna. She thought. I really am.

"Elsa," Jack said a little bit loutder for her to hear. Elsa was snapped out of her reverie and was bought back to reality.

"No," was the only thing that Elsa said before retrieving her hand away from his and walked away.

"Please," Jack whimpered but Elsa never heard that.

The game has turned again. Elsa fell before and now Jack was falling. But this time....this time karma hitted Jack as she didn't catch him. It was his turn to fall. To fall down to where Elsa was where Jack left her before.

But they were both unsure of what game they played with each other. What they did to make this happen and to let their bridges come together. But, as to Elsa's kindness, she would never let that happen. Never at all. But what they're sure of is that they don't know. They don't know what they have right now.

•••

School ended for the day and Elsa was walking alone....again. Jack took this opportunity to ask her. He got to her side and their legs walked in sync.

"Hey," he breathed. Elsa gave no reply nor a glance. "Can you?" he asked softly. "Please." He was now begging. Any minute now, he would be on his knees just so she can notice him. But that didn't happen.