Chapter Thirty Four: Back A Year (The Past)

Their break ended as everyone, reluctantly got ready for school. Everyone groaned at this but had to since well...it is the law. As everyone started chattering how great this year was going to be, the three popular boys opened the doube doors with a gust of wind causing everyone to look at them. Jordan, being the leader, was in the middle as Hiccup was on his left and Jack on Jordan's right.

The three passed everyone with their signature smirks as every girl fangirled about them (A/N: That's us well except for Jordan) while boys wished they were like them: hot and popular, getting all the girls. Their way was cleared out as they walked in and every newbie suddenly had a crush on them.

"Well, hello there milady," Hiccup greeted Astrid as he placed his hands over her eyes, a vision of nothing. "And what are you seeing in this fine morning?"

"A life without food and friends," Astrid simply answered followed by Hiccup's deep laugh. He then retrieved his hands and now Astrid turned around to see a cheerful Hiccup. "Oh and you."

Hiccup just gave playful pout. "Oh, come on." The two gave another laugh as Jack and his girlfriend came in.

"Looks like Hiccstrid is happening," Tiara, Jack's girlfriend, stated as she cuddled up with Jack.

"Hiccstrid?" Astrid asked, raising an eyebrow.

"A ship name for you and Hiccup. You know? Like Peeta and Katniss. Four and Tris," Tiara explained. "Don't you know any of them?"

"Not that I know of," Astrid shrugged. "And plus, there's nothing going on between Hiccup and I. We're only friends and that's it."

This made Hiccup turn his smile updside down. He thought there was something between him and Astrid. But alas, there wasn't. Not to the human's naked eyes, that is. But he still couldn't help feel rejected even thought nothing ever happened between them, yet. Nothing but just their flirty conversations and how they look at each other. Perhaps there was but he kept refusing there was.

"Where's Jordan?" Astrid asked, looking out for him.

"Over there, flirting with girls as usual," Jack replied, pointing to Jordan with his thumb.

Astrid roamed her eyes around the hallway to find Jordan in the middle of a circle with flirty girls around him. He looked like he liked it very much. Hiccup looked at her eyes who was focused on Jordan. He saw her eyes on Jordan and now he got it. He got why he was rejected and he respects it. I mean, who would even like a boy who was still classified as a fishbone?

Jack saw this too as Tiara was oblivious. Jack treats Astrid like his little sister as Hiccup sees more than that. He, too, likes them being together but it is Astrid's choice who to date. Jack gave a sympathy look on Hiccup as he just shrugged like nothing ever happened. Like him having a crush on Astrid never happened and that there was never between them. Nothing. Looking back at Jordan, Hiccup couldn't feel how lucky Jordan was.

"I better go," Hiccup excused. "Class."

"Oh, uhm...okay," Astrid nodded as they let Hiccup go. "What's up with him? There's 30 minutes left and he suddenly goes."

"I don't know," lied Jack, shrugging. He didn't want to tell her since him and Hiccup kept a secret that they wouldn't tell her.

"Jacky, baby, can we go?" Tiara pleaded as she gripped on his arm like it was a teddy bear. "Please."

"Go," Astrd ushered them. "I'll go to Jordan."

Jack only gave a nod as they walked out. Hand in hand, every girl envied Tiara for the first girl catching one of the boys. But she gave no attention as a thought struck her.