Chapter Twenty Seven: A New Guy

"Ohh!" exclaimed Jack as they both laughed. "That...that was pretty good."

"Well, not bad yourself," commented Elsa as she chewed the strawberry that was thrown by Jack and she catched it by her mouth. Jack gave a chuckle as Elsa threw a smile.

"So...what to do now," mumbled Jack as he popped two strawberries in his mouth.

"Hey! Don't eat them all!" warned Elsa.

"Well, you ate them all the last time. My turn now," Jack mumbled.

"You're not even making sense!"

"I don't care."

Elsa gave a playfully smile with a shook of her head. It's been a while they've had this. About...2 months or so? The only time they got to see each other was in school and they never talked. Thinking about it, last time they had this...was their first date. Is this a date too?

"Why did Jordan kidnapped Anna?" Elsa suddenly asked.

Jack looked at her blankly. He knew she was going to ask what happened two days ago. He knew the consequences of what Elsa's going to ask when he asked her to go to the park with him. He saw this coming. Dusting his hands together, he swallowed the food he was eating.

"I told you," Jack said. "It's complicated."

"Well, why can't you just tell me?!" exclaimed Elsa. "My sister was in danger and maybe was nearly killed."

"You don't know that," Jack warned.

"I know the fact that something's up with you, Hiccup, Astrid and Jordan," snapped Elsa.

Jackpot! He hit her there. Right where he wanted to avoid it.

"Look, I told you before this ages ago. You can't just come here and discover every single bit of everything in our school. It's a secret for goodness sake," Jack said. "Especially mine's."

"I'm here for my sister and I want her to be safe," explained Elsa. "What's the next thing? Me going to die because of Jordan?" She stood up with worriness.

"Hey!" Jack exclaimed as he, too, stood up. He walked over to her and held her hands. "You're not going to die, okay? I-I'll be here to protect you."

"You might be but I can take care of myself, thank you very much. Besides, I think you've got other things to do besides me so I better get out of your way." She walked away but only to be stopped by a hand caught hers.

"You're my number two priority," Jack said softly. "My number one...is me."

Elsa gave a chuckle in her mind. Typical Jack Frost. Always the egotistical guy she had ever seen.

"Come on, let's go," Jack said as he packed up the stuff in the basket. Elsa offered to help but he blew her off. "No thanks. I've got it."

They got to Jack's car and opened the trunk. He put the basket in it and they both walked the park. Their arms were brushing at each other and one move of their hands can interlock them. Jack made the move. Looking up, Elsa saw Jack's calm and cool face.

"You cold?" Jack asked when they got to a bridge and overlooked the sight (the same bridge Hiccup and Astrid talked in the previous chapters).

"No," Elsa said softly as she shook her head. "I like the cold. Much better than the sun."

"Heh, same," chuckled Jack as he went leaned besides her, overlooking the river beneath them. "But your hand was cold."

"That's just me, I guess," shrugged Elsa.