Chapter Nine: Taking It Slowly

Since you guys asked for it. But this is a short one so...yea. Hope you like it!

Chapter Nine: Taking It Slowly

Saturday dragged on as Elsa slowly went downstairs for breakfast. She was then greeted by Snowflake and licked her toes. Elsa smiled at the pup's face but couldn't muster up a laugh since she's too tired. Tired from complicated things.

"Morning!" Anna greeted. Elsa looked around to greet her parents but weren't there.

"Where's mum and dad?"

"Oh! They've gone off again for business work," Anna replied.

"Ahhhh," Elsa mumbled as she stuffed her face with chocolate waffles. She love this just like her sister Anna does.

•••

Astrid awoke as the morning light creeped in her bedroom. She headed downstairs and saw her mum talking to someone at the door. She got curious at what her mum was doing. Her mum then closed the door after a 'goodbye' to the stranger she was talking to.

"Mum?" asked a drowsy Astrid. "What you got there?"

"Oh this?" she asked, holding a bouquet of gardenia. It was Astrid's favourite. "This came from the mail, sweetie. For you."

"Me?" asked Astrid. Her mum nodded, handing her the flowers. She simply took it and smelled the scent of it.

Then, in the middle of the bouquet laid a letter. She picked it up and observed it carefully. She placed the bouquet down in the cofee table and opened the letter.

She read it in her mind and knew only one person who can write this. Anger started to boil through her veins but it wasn't really anger. There was another feeling that haunted her when that happened. She tore the paper in pieces and her hands got stronger tearing it up one by one.

She then marched to the kitchen, the bouquet in her hand and the letter on the other and threw it in the bin. It made a big sound as she threw it down the bin and her mum heard the noise.

"Honey, what happened?" she asked. But Astrid didn't reply. What she did was brushed past her mother and went back to her bedroom.

Astrid laid on her bed, trying not to cry. She told herself she wouldn't cry ever. She told herself that she will have a happy ending. She told herself to put up with everything and just smile. She told herself to just ignore everything else. She told herself to pick up the shattered pieces and put them back together even though they wouldn't stick.

Astrid curled up on her bed and just decided to stay there for the rest of the day. She told herself to calm down.

Her mum, on the other hand, was curious at what Astrid tantrumed about. She took out the bouquet out of the bin and placed it in the kitchen counter. She then noticed bits and pieces of paper lying about in the flowers. She got it out and puzzled them together, making a letter.

As she was reading it, she can feel how Astrid is going through now. But she only knew half of the past of Astrid. Sure the letter meant this but it meant in another meaning that her mum couldn't figure it out.

••••••••••••••••

So you had a little bit of taste on their past! But that's just a little bit.

Know who sent the bouquet?

I know who you're thinking and if you are thinking what I think you're thinking then you're right!

Wow that's a lot of thinking!

Peace out!