Chapter Thirty Eight: Prepare For It

"Don't you think this is cute?" Punzie asked Anna as she got a dress out of a rack. Anna thought for a second, placing her hand on her hip.

"It is but not for you. It's too...dark," Anna stated. Punzie got a velvet dress that had a glitter ribbon around the waist. "How about this?" Anna asked the dress she was holding unto.

"Uhh..." Punzie now thought for a second. "Too blacky." She shook her head saying that she doesn't like it.

Elsa sighed. "Guys, could you speed it up? We're not here for the rest of the day," she told Punzie and Anna who delayed them from fitting.

"Coming!" Anna exclaimed, pulling out a whole lot of dresses from a rack. Punzie did too. Elsa and Merida gave a look at each other and sighed with their eyes rolling.

"Hey, where's Astrid?" Punzie asked as she got to Elsa and Merida. The four thought for a while.

"I don't know," Merida shrugged, her shoulders going up. They all turned their heads around to find her. "She was here for a second."

"Aha! There she is!" Anna pointed out. The four came to a sitting Astrid, her legs crossing.

"Astrid, what are you doing?" Punzie asked. "We need to pick dresses for prom, come on!"

Astrid slumped. "I don't think I'm going," she confronted. The four turned around slowly to Astrid with a surprised face.

"What?!" they all exclaimed in unison.

"I said I'm not going," Astrid repeated, standing up. "It's not worth it for me."

"But it's prom!" Punzie whined. "We want you to come and have the best time of our lives."

Astrid bit her lip. "I know, I want to come too," she sighed. "But I just don't have the money. My mum has been working hard here and there. I'm sorry guys."

There was a moment of silence between the five. They didn't have any more words to persuade Astrid to go. Elsa then thought of something.

"I'll buy for you," Elsa suggested, nodding. The others smiled at this.

"No, no," Astrid shook her head, arms crossing. "I can't let you do that."

"You can and you will," Elsa insisted. "I'm your bestfriend. I don't want you not going to a perfect night. It wouldn't be perfect without you."

"Hey!" Anna exclaimed. "I'm her bestfriend too!"

"And here!" Punzie now exclaimed.

"How about me?" Merida now butted in. The four were now arguing who was Astrid's bestfriend. Astrid laughed at these crazy friends she has. No wait, crazy bestfriends she has. She was lucky to have them.

"Stop!" Astrid chuckled, stopping the bickering. "You guys are all of my bestfriend."

The five all smiled as they all engulfed a hug. 'Awws' and squeals were emitted from the girls as they broke the hug.

"Here," Punzie insisted, giving Astrid a dress. "Thought it would match you."

Astrid only smile and appreciated the things they do for her. "Thank you."

And with that, they went on the fitting room. They tried on a lot of different clothes. And by I mean, a lot. A LOT.

After an hour or so, they all got their dresses. It was hard for them since most of the dresses that they liked were either sold out or it was too big or too small for them. They sighed as they got it payed.