Chapter Fourteen: Getting To Know Better

Two weeks have passed and Jack tried every way just to get Elsa's attention back. Elsa, being protective about her sister and her friends, ignored him.

If they were to pass down the hall, the coldness between those two would only grow than their last encounter.

Not a glance, not a nod nor a wink to each other. Nothing but coldness and ignorance.

•••

As the girls were chatting to each other, they couldn't help to hear the other girls conversation next to them. Speaking silent, they leaned over to hear a bit of their chit chats.

"Did you hear?" one asked.

"Yeah! The new guy?" another replied.

"Yep, that one! I hope he's hot," the other fangirls. (There are two of them)

"Same here," she sighed, dreamily.

They all shook their heads and went back to their own converstion.

They boys just walked through the double doors to see everyone drooling at them or gawking. The boys, oblivious to their surroundings, would just walk straight ahead, looking like they own the place.

But something was a bit offspring today. Something about the girls' gazes was different. They weren't looking at the boys. Instead, they were looking at the guy who just entered the school.

The boys whipped their head around at the same with the girls and saw the person they thought they would never see. Astrid gasped as she dropped her books and Hiccup was preventing himself to go there and help her.

"Someone already likes the new guy," Astrid heard someone muttering. She gave a deadly stare at the girl and she backed away.

The new guy was just strolling through the hallways and nodding to the people as they passed him. Then he came up to the boys.

"Jack, buddy! Good to see you!" he greeted. He took Jack's hand and gave him a manly hug.

"I...uh...I," Jack stuttered who had his eyes widened and not knowing what to say. Hiccup took a look at Astrid who was biting her lip and looking uncomfortably. She was looking down but stole glances at the new guy who never saw her.

Her friends then led her to her class as Hiccup's gaze turned back to the boys.

Jack could feel the eyes going through him now and he can just hear their mutters. 'He knows him?' or 'Do we know him?' But the guy in front of them was just standing there, smiling. They all gave a nervous smile and went to their classes.

•••

Lunch came and the boys are just chatting as usual. But the usual lunch time was ruined as the new guy came along.

"Hey guys!" he greeted as he sat besides Jack, in front of Hiccup. Hiccup's jaw clenched and gave a dirty look but he never saw it.

"Hi," Jack said in a flat voice, breaking the silence. Hiccup was just watching him in anger. His hands turned to a fists and he breathed rapidly.

"Looks like we have new recruits on our group. Who are they?" the guy asked, nodding to Flynn and Kristoff.

"You're not in this group anymore," Hiccup said softly. The guy heard and jerked his head to him and met his angry face.

"Pardon?"

"You're not in this group anymore!" he repeated himself, shouting. The whole cafeteria heard him.

Astrid and the girls, too, whipped their heads to see the commotion. Astrid's eyes widened as the look of Hiccup screaming at the guy and left. She saw how Jack motioned the guy to sit down while Hiccup just raged out of the cafeteria.

"I-I'm going to go," she said, stuttering. She left the cafeteria too but a different direction from Hiccup.

Elsa stood up to comfort her but Anna grabbed her arm, preventing her.

"Don't," she said.

"But-"

"Just, don't," Anna said back. Elsa nodded and sat down, eating their lunch in pure silence.

•••

Astrid went to her secret hallway, just getting away from her problems. But she know that won't work. She knows that running away won't help it.

I knew he's going to come back, she thought. But why? Why?

The questions on her mind circled her as she sat down next to the abandoned lockers.

Hasn't he done enough? Hasn't he? Or does he want to play again? she asked herself.

She pulled her knees to her chest and leaned her head to the lockers behind her. She closed her eyes, breathing peacefully.

He's coming.

•••

Hiccup went outside at the oval just to get fresh air. He started to punch trees and scream out in anger inside him.

"Why is he here?!" he yelled to himself as he picked up a soccer ball, bounced it off the tree and catched it.

He did this for about six minutes and laid down the grass.

Why? he thought to himself. If he's going to cause trouble again, I swear I am going to kill him.

"Ahhhhh!" he screamed out in frustration. He knew he was trouble and he knew he can't be a in a radius of two metres from him because he would pounce on him.

He's coming.

••••••••••••••••

Ooooooo!

New character! Guess his name!

Does he have a connection between Hiccup and Astrid?

But how?

Isn't the past Hiccup bullying her?

Or is there more?

*smiles nervously*

Comment your answers! I love reading your comments! Makes my day! :)

Peace out!