Chapter Twenty Two: Trust

"Astrid!"

She quickened her pace. She didn't want to see him. She didn't want her worst nightmare to come true. She didn't want to visit her past.

She didn't want to.

As she fast walked, she could still hear the thudding sound coming to her. It was like the ground was crumbling behind her and all she can do is run faster than her pace right now. She fast walked to jogging. Jogged to running. Running to sprinting. Soon enough, she was two blocks away till she bumped into a person.

"Hiccup!" exclaimed Astrid. "What are you doing here?" Her voice was rough and show showed brutallity.

"Oh you know..stuff," he replied. Astrid never heard this as she still has him hot on her tail.

"Astrid!"

"Gotta go. Bye." She then ran away. He was confused at why she had to go.

Probably ignoring me again.

He sighed. He just didn't know what to do. Just then, something went past him. A whoosh was the alarm and the running person, in Hiccup's theory, was running after Astrid. He jogged after him and looked around just in case they crossed the road or something.

"Get away from me!" Hiccup heard someone yell. He looked up ahead and saw Astrid and Jordan.

Astrid was struggling. She just wanted to get away from him. Either stepping to the right or to the left, he managed to block her way. Giving out a frustration sigh and a mean glare, she just wanted to rip his head off.

"Get...away...from...me," she said slowly with warning on her voice. She said it slowly just in case the dumb person in front of her can't hear.

"You know I can't, baby cake. You know I can't." He played with her hair and Astrid slapped his hands away. He gave a deep chuckle. "Let's be together now, baby cake. I'm here and you're here."

"Didn't she say get away from her? Then get away!" a voice yelled behind Astrid. Jordan looked up and Astrid turned around.

They both saw Hiccup.

"Oh of course you're here! You're always right behind me! Why can't you just leave me alone! You two leave me alone!" Astrid was now in the middle of the two boys as they stared each other with anger and fury.

"Stay away, baby cake," Jordan said as he pushed Astrid out of their way.

"First of all, I am NOT your baby cake and-ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?" But no one seemed to hear her as the two boys just focused on one another.

"Khooligan, nice to meet you again," Hiccup said in a husky voice that sent Astrid's shivers to her spine.

"Haddock," Jordan nodded.

"What are you doing to her?" asked Hiccup, nodding to Astrid.

"Why would you care about her? She's not even yours," challenged Jordan.

"You don't know what happened after you left."

"Okay, if you two got together, why aren't you together now?"

"That's a funny thing, if you got what you deserved, why are you here now? You broke out didn't you?"

"Hiccup," Astrid hummed at this. This was getting out of hand. She had to stop this, to stop what was going to become.

"I didn't," Jordan replied. "I paid my dues and now I'm here."

"You can't even do anything right so how can you do that?!" exclaimed Hiccup. He wanted to know how he got out. How he managed to be free.