Chapter Thirty: Find It!

Sitting down at a table, the two were having a 'friendly' chat as they would say. But in their minds, it's different. Of course, they wouldn't tell each other that since they've just known each other for two weeks.

"Are you sure?" asked Merida, looking at Eret, worriedly.

"I'm sure," he answered, clasping his hands together and rubbing it with a confidence look at his face.

"I don't want you to be running around the plaza with red face and shouting 'IT'S HOT! IT'S HOT!'" She waved her hands as she pretended to be him.

It is true. Several men have tried this dish and some had never had their taste buds back since it was paralyzed from the hotness. Permanently.

"Is Merida Dunbroch worried?" asked Eret with a smirk.

"No, no," Merida said. "I'm just...checking."

"Okay," shrugged Eret as he cocked a smile. The same smile like Merida's.

Just then, both of their phones beeped at the same time. Widening their eyes, they looked at each other before checking their phones. Reading it, their smiles turned to frowns and they looked back at each other.

"I have to go," they said in unison. "Oh."

A moment of silence was in but it was rather comfortable. Eret was the first one to speak after clearing his throat.

"I guess you better go." He stood up and Merida did the same.

"Y-Yeah," she stuttered. "And I guess you better too."

"Bye," he bid.

"Bye," she bid back.

Turning away from each other, they gave one last glance and a smile to each other and left.

•••

"I texted Merida, she's coming," Punzie said to everyone. And by everyone, I mean the boys and the girls.

"Hey, it's going to be okay," Elsa comforted along with Anna.

"It won't be that bad," Anna added.

"H-How do you know?" sniffed Astrid. "S-She's out there somewhere and she might even be dead!"

"Don't think that way," Elsa said.

While the girls were comforting Astrid, the boys were in front of them; silence were around those four. They had nothing to do but just wait until Merida gets here and they can start.

Bursting through the door, Merida panted and ran over to Astrid.

"Astrid...it's okay," she said to her. Quickly enough, she stole Astrid's phone and gave it to the boys. "Here."

"Thanks," Hiccup said as he received it before turning back to Astrid with a sad face. He, too, gave one. He couldn't face her being like this. "Boys, let's get started. We might not have some time left. You know what to do."

The boys nodded at Hiccup's command and went onto it. Hiccup then turned back at the girls who was still comforting Astrid. He heaved a heavy sigh as he watched the most excruciating thing on his life. He couldn't take it anymore.

"Girls, why don't you go to the boys and see what their progress are," Hiccup commanded. They looked up at Hiccup and nodded, leaving Hiccup and Astrid alone.

He stood there, unknown what to do while she sniffed and wiped away her tears. Small ones though. He slowly sat next to her, hesitantly and cleared his throat by the awkwardness they had. Astrid tried to straighten her face but failed as tears still kept on threatening to come out.