Chapter Twenty Three: Puzzling Eh?

The same words kept repeating on Elsa's mind and in her letters, phone messages or just plain concious. She knew who they referred to but didn't say why.

Why?

She knows he's not a good man and she knows he's not the type of guy you would hang out with. But why is he this way?

Does he have a connection with Jack? Or with Astrid? Or even Hiccup? Or all three of them? What did happen? Did he do something wrong? Or did they just hate him because of pure jealousy?

She didn't know why. All of this confusion was still on her head as Veronica knocked on her door. She turned around to see her.

"Hey," Veronica greeted quietly.

"Hi," Elsa waved, gesturing her to come in. She came in quickly as she shut the door and sat down. "What are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to see you. I know it's been pretty hard," explained Veronica.

"Yeah, it is," Elsa shrugged. "They haven't been talking to me since but they keep messaging me the same messages."

"Let me see," Veronica said, handing her hand out. Elsa just simply placed her phone on her open hand and she closed it as she read the messages.

They were all the same from three different girls. The letters, capitals and such. She can tell they have the same meaning and she can tell this is not going to be good.

"This is...weird," Veronica stated. "Why are they sending you this? Don't you already know to stay out of his way?"

"I don't know what they mean by that. And yes, I already know I stay out of his way."

"Then why are they sending you this?"

"I don't know," Elsa said, standing up from her seat and pacing up and down on her bedroom. "But at least I got to find out. Just to see what has gotten into it."

"Don't. It's none of your business and it could mean any harm!" warned Veronica.

"But if something happens to Anna..."

"Then she deals with it. She's a big girl now and I'm sure she'll still need your protectivness but this time, Anna is being the big sister for now."

"I guess..." mumbled Elsa.

"Just forget about it and do what Anna tells you to do. Anyway, I bought a present for you! Hey!" yelled Veronica.

The door opened and Elsa snapped her head to see what it is. It was a person. The person who made her cry. The person who she thought had a sweet side but never was. The person who she tried to avoid to now and then.

"Hey."

***

Silence.

It wasn't around people around them but it was between those two. As they walk along the park, they would just look around but not to each other.

Before, Veronica suggested for Elsa to come with him for a walk. She refused at first but, as an debated person Veronica is, she still ushered them to go.

"C'mon! It'll be fun!" whined Veronica.

"Define fun," Elsa challenged, crossing her arms on her chest.

"Fun? Please, that's my speciality," Jack mumbled, ruffling his pale, white hair.

"Shut up, Frost," snapped Elsa.

"Can say the same for you, Arendalle," he snapped back, turning to her, his eyes looking up and down with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Okay! Enough! Now I know why you don't want to do it!" exclaimed Veronica, putting her hands up like she was surrending. But to be honest, she didn't.