Chapter Thirty Nine: Each One

It was two days before the upcoming prom and everyone was buzzing about it. Tomorrow, everyone have a half day of school to get ready for prom.

The ten friends were now chatting at their table at lunch as usual. Punzie has gotten used to the boys coming in their own table but was so not used when Flynn annoys her. Astrid has too, well a little. She still can't help avoid Hiccup times to times. Hiccup respected her for this. He gets it...a bit. Elsa was now really curious about Jack and his behaviour here and there. It was weird for her.

Jack cleared his throat as everyone started talking about prom. He didn't want to talk about that. It was killing him what he was hiding from Elsa. The boys knew it and he hated to keep it from her but he had to. Well, that was his reason.

"Okay, I need you guys to look for me at the abandoned classroom with the rest of the community and we would get started on prom!" Elsa explained to everyone. The nine nodded, saying that they get it. Jack now thought it was time. Time to tell her.

"Uhm, Elsa, can I please talk to you...alone?" Jack asked, turning to Elsa. Elsa only nodded, knowing why she was asked to talk to him.

"Yeah, uhm, Anna may I talk to you too...alone?" now Kristoff asked the other Arendalle. The bubbly girl only nodded as her sister and off they went to the other direction. Punzie then noticed something.

"Hey, where's Merida and Eret?" she asked, looking around. The three (Astrid, Hiccup ans Flynn) shrugged.

"Probably racing each other, as usual," Hiccup guessed, taking a bite of his sandwhich. They muttered, agreeing to it as groups of girls passed their tables.

"Hi, Flynn," they greeted, flirty as they could be. Flynn only gave a smirk and a wave as Punzie felt something as he did this. She felt something pang in her chest and couldn't help slap his hand. Flynn looked confused at her.

"What was that?" he asked. Punzie stiffened and looked anywhere but him.

"N-Nothing," Punzie simply answered, lying. Astrid and Hiccup were now watching this.

"Nothing? You freaking slapped my hand!" Flynn was now exaggerating. He doesn't know why she was like this. She was never like this.

"Could you just knock it off?" Punzie exclaimed, standing up. Astrid was going to stand up to comfort her but Hiccup stopped her, shaking his head saying that this wasn't her business. Punzie just scoffed and stormed off.

"Girls," Flynn muttered, running after her.

Now, Hiccup and Astrid were alone. They were sitting together side by side and it was silence for them. They just ate their lunch as Hiccup decided to break it.

"You know, my tie was accidentally changed into a blue one instead of a black one," Hiccup stated, lying. He knew he was and he had a plan.

"Awww," Astrid whined. "But it looked good on you!"

Hiccup bit his lip from blushing. "Yeah. But it's not anymore. It's blue," he shrugged. "So, I was thinking that since your dress is blue too...maybe we could go to prom together?"

"As in you and me?" Astrid asked, pointing her hands to Hiccup and her. Hiccup only nodded as an answer. "I don't know..."

"Oh come on, it'll be fun!" persuaded Hiccup. "We'll just be one of those couples who go in and just have fun. Not like the couples who's clingy to each other."

Astrid thought about this. Of course she wants to go to prom with her boy bestfriend. Of course she wants to have some fun too. "Okay," she nodded.