Chpt. 14

|A L Y S S A|

"Sooo...how was your first day?" Aunt Pam asked as I helped her prepare dinner in the kitchen.

"It was...it was actually pretty nice. Better than what I expected", I answered truthfully.

"Oh yea?" She asked, cracking eggs into a bowl.

"Yea. I mean, the kids weren't as stuck up as I thought they'd be. Well, some were but most were cool. I can't stand this girl name Amiah though."

Amiah was one of Vicki's and Junior's close friend but for some reason the chick had problems with me and clearly thought she was better than me because she was born with money. She always had slick remarks about where I came from and would say very classist and colorist things to me. She was one of those annoying biracial lightskinned chicks who thought they were better than everyone else for no other reason than simply being lightskinned. In her case she thought she was better than everyone else because she was lightskinned AND was rich.

"Oh. That little fast girl? I'm not too crazy about her either to be honest", aunt Pam said. She poured home made cake batter into the bowl of eggs and mixed them together. We were having chocolate cupcakes for desert.

I rolled my eyes at just the thought of her. "Well...she's annoying."

"She's probably just jelly of you." She shrugged.

I smiled widely when a certain someone popped up in my head. "Annnnndddd I met a guy..a cute guy."

She raised one of her perfectly arched brows. "Oh really?"

"Yea...His name is Dominic"

She stopped mixing and looked at me. "Wait. What's his lastname?"

"I think it's Foster", I told her, not really sure since I literally just met the guy.

Her face lit up. "Ohh..it's Frauster." She smiled cheerfully. "He's a really fine boy!"

I looked over at her in shock. "You know him?"

"Yes. Me and your uncle know his parents: Dr. Ed Frauster and Dr. Donma Frauster. Ed is a gynecologist and his wife is a clinical psychologist. They're really great people, lovely people and Dominic is a charming young man...well, I'm glad you enjoyed your first day...and your mom said to call her"

"Okay"

Everything in Atlanta was going great so far and I was starting to believe that maybe this move wasn't such a bad idea.