Chpt. 68

|A L Y S S A|

"I like your toes", I told Vick.

We were at the mall, walking towards this pretty little dress shop.

She smiled at me. "Oh yea?" She looked down at her pink toe nails through her sandals as we made our way inside of the store.

"Yea..Ling really did a great job", I said, referring to the nail technician that does all of Vick's manicures and pedicures at our favorite nail spot.

"No, Ling didn't do this. Yesterday, I had some serious cramps, they were so bad that I couldn't get up and go to the nail salon like I planned. I told Jake and he came over and made me some soup—-the kind he said his mama use to make him whenever he was sick. I kept complaining about how awful my toes looked—-they looked really bad—-and how I aggravated it made me to not get them done, so out of nowhere he went into my bathroom and got my tray of nail polishes and shocked the hell out of me when he bent down and started painting my toes."

I giggled. "Oh my gawd, that's so adorable."

"Yea, too adorable", she said as if she was skeptical about something. "I think his feelings for me are starting to get deeper", she said as we carefully browsed through the rack of dresses, trying to find something for me to wear at Dom's parents' party. "He's sweet and all but he needs to understand that our relationship is purely sexual. I don't know how many times I have to remind him that I'm married with a child. I have responsibilities he will never understand at his age."

"Well", I picked out a orange gown from the rack we were browsing, "I've been told you that he likes you a lot. I wish you stop denying yourself and just give him a try and see how it goes, it won't hurt nothing."

She stopped searching through the dresses and looked at me with her hand on her hip. "He's 19. You really expect me to drop everything to be with a kid."

"You keep referring to him as a child and yet you keep spreading your legs for him." Realizing it was too big, I hung the dress back on the rack. "He has feelings Vick, and I wish you realize that. He doesn't deserve the way you're treating him. If anyone deserves this nasty treatment it's Jeremy." I looked over at her and noticed the sadness in her face, and I immediately regretted bringing him up. "I'm sorry Vicki", I said apologetically, "but it's the truth. Jeremy treats you like garbage and you're still holding on to him, Jake treats you like a queen and you're so quick to throw him away. You keep bringing up age, but all that shouldn't matter if he's making you happy, not cry all the time like Jeremy does. At first, I thought you should just be by yourself and work on you for awhile, but seeing how happy Jake seems to make you, maybe he's the one."

"Alyssa the last thing I want to do is hurt him but that's what's gonna happen if I'm not upfront about everything with him", she sighed, "anyways—-speaking of Jeremy—-we're suppose to be meeting up at Red Lobster tomorrow."

I stopped searching through the rack of dresses to look at her as if she's lost her mind. She hadn't seen Jeremy in over a month and even told me and Junior that she was going to serve him divorce papers pretty soon, which she still haven't done.

"You're doing what?" I asked, trying to make sure I heard her clearly.

She chuckled. "Relax, it's just for him to see Mikey."

"I truly hope that's the only reason you're seeing him. What made you change your mind anyways?" I picked up a velvet gown and looked at the size.

"Well, he is his father, and it's wrong for me to keep him away from his son like this just because me and him are going through something."