Chpt. 65

|A L Y S S A|

Walking into my condo, I kicked off my heels and put my leather jacket in the coat closet of my foyer before closing the door. I walked into the kitchen and searched the cabinet for some wine. I needed it right now....I was feeling miserable.

"Lovely is that you?" I heard Dom's baritone voice shout from the location of the office across the hall from my bedroom.

I rolled my eyes, annoyed. Who else would it be?

I sighed. "Yes it's me." I seriously wasn't in the mood for any company right now, I just wanted to be alone. Times like this I regret giving him a key because he liked to do pop ups or come inside when I wasn't home which was something I wasn't comfortable with but kept it to myself...I kept a lot of my feelings to myself and I was getting tired of it.

I got a glass out of the sink and rinsed it out before pouring me drink of red wine. With my glass in hand I walked down the hall and into my office to see Dom sitting at my cherry wood desk typing away on my computer. Hearing me come in, he turned to look at me through his reading glasses. "Home already?"

I walked over to where he was seating and stood behind him as I massaged his shoulders. "Yea, I was just out with Vick and Junior."

He took one of my hands off his shoulder and kissed the back of it. "That's great. I'm just thankful it wasn't with—uhh", he cleared his throat, "you know." He was clearly referring to Zach. He made it very clear every chance he got that he was against us "working" together and that he preferred I stay away from him.

"Well I wasn't..not today."

The thought of Zachary had my heart shattered in pieces all over again...that pregnancy had really been bothering me all day. I didn't want to think about him or talk about him. I wish I never even met him, that way I wouldn't feel all the pain I'm feeling now, even though I didn't even have a right to since we aren't even in a relationship.

Maybe Vick was right. Maybe he loves Chas and only sees me as a piece of ass like all the others.

I shook those thoughts out of my head and took a deep breath, removing  my hands from Dom's broad shoulders. "What's that your doing?" I asked, changing the subject and trying to get my mind off of  Zach.

"Ohh this?" He turned back around facing the computer. "Just a few lab assignments." He exited out of the windows and stood up.

He wrapped his arms around me and looked down as he studied my face. "Is everything okay?

"What do you mean?"

He knitted his brows and loosened his hug a bit. "Well...you look upset."

"It's just", I sighed, trying not to cry but the pain was too much. I rubbed my eyes, playing as though they itched when really I was trying to make sure tears didn't come, "I have this friend—a girl in one of my courses—-she's in a relationship with this wonderful guy but someone else has a part of her heart—-a big part—-and she's been messing around with that someone but it's rumored that he got another girl pregnant, an ex, and now she just don't know what to do. She's hurting even though she shouldn't since technically he doesn't belong to her and she's with someone else."

"Well", he said, "is this girl intimate with the other guy?"

My eyes fell down to the floor, embarrassed. "Yes, she is. I'm just trying to figure out what to tell her to help with this situation cause she's really going through it. She wants to drop everything and be with him but it's like the world doesn't want to see them together...and not only that, he has a criminal record and he's known for being a womanizer so she doesn't know whether It'll be worth it to risk it all for him. After all, she is a soon to be lawyer so image is important to her, it has to be in a career like that. She doesn't want to hurt anyone but at the same time she's not sure what she should do."