Chpt. 73

| A L Y S S A|

"This is it?" Dom asked while pulling up in the lot and parking his car in front of Zach's shop

"This is it?" Dom asked while pulling up in the lot and parking his car in front of Zach's shop. "It's pretty big for a tattoo parlor."

After much arguing and bickering I agreed to let Dom escort me to the grand opening of ALB. I knew this was a dangerous idea but he would not take no for an answer and to make matters worse, he was starting to catch on to me and Zach's affair, so to shut down his suspensions I gave in and allowed him to come as my date.

This was such a bad idea and I couldn't believe I was about to walk into Zach's establishment hand in hand with Dom. I was suppose to be finished with him

I can't do this.

"Suddenly I don't feel so good", I told Dom, "let's go home." I put back on my seat back and waited for him to drive off but the car didn't move.

He looked at me strangely. "You were fine just a few moments ago...Let's just go inside for just a little bit. I want to see all the hard work you've been putting into this shop." He got out of his seatbelt and turned off the car. He got out and went over to the passenger side opening the door for me. "Come on", he smiled as he reached for my hand, "20 minutes and we'll leave...and I'll make you some soup when we get back home."

I knew nothing I did or said was gonna make Dom get back in this car and turn back around so I just took a deep breath and gave him my hand as he helped me out of the car.

"Wana explain to me why you're shaking so much?" He asked, looking down at my hand in his as we approached the entrance of the shop.

I didn't respond, I was trying too hard not to lose my breath and faint from how bad my nerves were.

We stepped inside and the place was kind of packed. Everyone was walking around, looking at all the hard work I put into the shop. The decor was black, white and silver and the theme was Tupac—-there was a black and white picture of him ingrained on the polished floors and several pictures of him in frames on the wall, as well as quotes of his' written on the walls. Me and Zach were both hardcore Tupac fans and bonded over his music during our teenage years, so to have him as the theme of the shop was something special for the both of us.

I looked around noticing that Zach wasn't anywhere in sight.

He's probably in his office, I thought.

I sighed in relief, thankful that there was some time left for me to convince Dom to leave out of here before Zachary could see me with him.

"Well", Dom said as he looked around, admiring my work, "this is perfectly done, I like it." He put his arm around my waist, bringing me closer to him, making me a little uncomfortable.