Courage

Mikasa pov.

Uncle Levi bought me a car when I turned sixteen. But I don't really use it unless I'm going far my school is  half a mile away so I walk I don't mind a little exercise and it gives me time to think and listen to music. And I love music. I listen to a lot of pop. Uncle Levi never understood why I listened to it but he keeps quiet about it and buys me a lot of t shirts and posters ect. I stepped outside and put on one of my favorite songs and started walking to school. I see kids from my school and I've always wanted to walk with them but I can never get the courage to ask they just keep their distance. On my way to school I stop at a store and get a big blueberry muffin. I've done this everyday for the past three years I don't see why I should change it now that it's my last year in high school. I don't know but somehow I feel different I feel like I need to do something different so I work up every nerve in my body and I smile a big bright smile to a beautiful girl named Historia Reiss and I say"hi Historia  how's it going?" Her eyes widen she's obviously flabbergasted by my words. "H-Hi Mikasa...um...I'm fine actually how are you though?" I smiled even brighter She's talking to me. It's awkward and she sounds afraid but she's actually talking to me." I'm great thank you for talking to me...uh...do..you...want to..walk to school together" I say slowly every word leaving my mouth nervously afraid that she could say no or she could run but she did neither in fact she did something that will change my life forever and I knew that she will be very important to me when she slowly and nervously grabs my hand and holds me tight and smiles softly saying"I'd love to!" My magical moment didn't last long though because Historia's protective friend Ymir showed up and separated us just as quickly as she appeared "Hey you're Mikasa right? Well Historia is mine so don't try anything!" I blush and put my hands up getting sad and feeling very unwanted but then Historia and Ymir smile and I could tell she was kidding...or was she? Either way I was happy to talk to them"You have nothing to worry about Ymir I was just asking Historia if she wanted to walk to school with me" she smiled at me"I like you Ackerman so..yeah we'll walk with you" I smile"r-really?" They both nod giving me assuring smiles and I knew right away I had made friends I still hadn't eaten my muffin so Ymir asked for it I willingly gave it to her not caring that I won't eat for another three or four hours all I cared about were the young girls next to me.My friends but I can't call them that unless I know it's official"Can I ask you something?" I look down at my feet knowing they're both watching me"yeah" they say together"are we... friends now?" They laugh and I sigh not knowing what they meant then they stop walking and Historia hugs me"Of course Mikasa!" I smile and hug her back"Thank you!" This was so easy after all these years of being alone it only took about ten minutes of me being out of my comfort zone and I've already made friends. Incredible. We arrive at school and my new friends tell me that we'll meet up again at lunch I nod and look at my schedule my first class is in room 153 so that's where I go. I get there early as usual and I sit in the front and take out a piece of paper and a pencil. I smile not because I'm excited to learn and believe me I am it's just the fact that I know this year is going to be different it's going to be the best year of my life and it's only ye beginning if I could make two friends in so little time imagine how many I could make in ten months not forgetting summer of course. I watch as my classmates come into the classroom and I make sure to give them all big smiles. They smile back! I laugh to myself while drawing doodles on my paper and then I look up and a boy is sitting next to me. His smile is big and bright and he's turned around talking to his friends. His hair was a chocolate color his eyes were emrald and he looked amazing. He was beautiful and perfect and his smile was so bright the sun is jealous. I immediately shake my head trying to get these weird thought out of my head. I've never thought about anyone like this before but then again I've never made friends. This year is different I tell myself again I put my eraser in my mouth and  watch the boy again. I've seen him many times before but this is the first time I've actually seen him. And I liked what I saw. But unfortunately the boy catches me being a creep and he looks at me weirdly for a second then he gives me that smile showing me his perfectly straight and perfectly white teeth. I blush and turn back to the front of the room. I can practically feel his eyes and smile on me. I look at him through the corner of my eye and see that he's still looking at me"d-domt you have anything better to do than look at me?" I ask him looking down"I could ask you the same" he smirks and sticks out his hand"I'm Eren I don't think we've met before" Eren what a wonderful name for a wonderful boy. I tuck my hair behind my ear a bit getting ready to answer him but the teacher starts talking and I know I have to focus. But I couldn't throughout class I would glance over at Eren just to find that he's already staring at me with that smile.  After class I try to leave quickly but he grabs my wrist"Hey you never told me your name!" He says smiling. I look up at him and smile"yeah...I know" and with that I leave him there speechless I couldn't help but smile to myself for the way I just acted. But that's not the point I need to find my next class.