Chapter Eleven

Jaeden

It's Tuesday, I'm home, sitting on my couch watching The office. My mom didnt make me go to school after the incident, she said I could take as much time as I wanted.

It's around 2, and I'm impatiently waiting for school to be over. I just want to be with my friends and Wyatt, I miss them, even though I saw them 12 hours ago.

"How you feeling Jae?" My mom asks.

"I'm good, just waiting for school to be over, so I can see him" I shrug, thinking about what I said, "oh I mean-"

"Him? Who's him?" She gives me a stern look.

"N-no one"

"Jaeden?"

"Forget about it mom, I'm tired I didnt mean to say him, God" I groan. She gets up, and goes back to the kitchen, doing her work.

I feel weird having my close friends know about me, and being gay and not my mom. She wont like how I'm dating Wyatt, that's for sure. I dont want to disappoint her, I want her to be happy for me, and if she's not.. i will feel like I'm failing her. I need to ready tell her.

"M-mom.." my voice is shaky, my palms are sweating. She looks over at me.

"Yes, Jae?"

"C-can I tell you s-something.." she looks at me nervously, and makes her way over to the couch.

I sit up, fixing my blanket. She sits down by me. "Are you okay, you look really pale.."

"Uhm- mom, I-I..." my whole body is shaking, I dont know if I can do this. "I really want some pizza" I blurt out, she gives me a very odd, and confused look, "but I know you cant leave me alone.. s-so its okay. Ne-ver mind." I stutter out, feeling ridiculously stupid.

"Jaeden, if you really want pizza I can get it.. as long as you stay right on this couch and do not do anything." She says sternly, "you said you think I wont trust you alone, well I'm trusting you. I will be back in 30 minutes. I love you and stay here, please." She kisses my head, grabs her purse and leaves.

It's now 2:45, school is getting out and I'm expecting the gang to come over. The front door opens,

"Jae? You awake?" Its Sophia

"I'm in the living room.." she walks towards me.

"How are you, I haven't seen you since the hospital. Have you talked to Wyatt?" I stiffen, I dont know how she will react if she finds out I'm dating Wyatt. She really hates him.

"Yeah I've talked to him. Where are  Jack and Finn?" I change the subject quickly.

"They'll be here soon, wheres your mom?"

"Getting pizza"

"Of course" she laughs. My phone buzzes, I look down and see that Wyatt texted me.

Wyatt: Hey Jae, can I come see you later? My heart races.

Jaeden: Of course.

Wyatt: Perfect, how about 9?

Jaeden: Perfect.

I smile and put my phone down, "Jaeden did you hear anything I said?" Sophia pushes me out of my daze

"Sorry yes I did."

"Okay so, who should I ask?"

"I'm back Jaeden, are you okay- oh hi Sophia!" my mom smiles, handing me the pizza box. "How are you?" She asks

"I'm good, just stressed." Sophia responds, taking a pizza slice.

"About what hunny?" My mom looks concerned.