50

We had been in the car for a long time without saying a word. At least the tension in the air was gone. I wonder what it was that put him in such a bad mood, this was an unexpected reaction for me. Besides, it wasn't as if I had done something bad precisely. I sighed. Of so many restaurants that exist, why the hell did I have to go to where they were? Well the people say that you can't dodge the stone that's meant for one. This was going to happen anyway.

I was starting to get impatient because I still didn't know where we were going. I was just going to open my mouth when a huge tower was seen. I was amazed to recognize it because I have only seen it in photos. At night it was a dream, seeing the Seoul tower was shocking.

-It looks more beautiful than I thought -I said with a gasp, making him laugh with pleasure-. Are we going to go up? -My excitement was increasing and the anger over the past situation was forgotten. It was so easy to get rid of anger, like giving a child a candy to stop the tantrum.

Ravi parked the car and got out quickly to hold the door while I got off. The ice was melting at this point, but it didn't mean it wasn't cold, so I adjusted my coat and the hood a little. Someone had to be the voice of reason since this man seemed not to have it today. I couldn't be less amazed by the number of padlocks that were placed on the terrace. It was so adorable, I wondered if one day I could put mine there. Yes, I am a corny person. I looked at my feet while he paid the tickets. I didn't want that accidentally a picture of us would appear. The people there, if they recognized him, behaved as if they saw a normal person and internally I thanked them for that.

It took some time to get to the viewpoint and surprisingly it was almost deserted, so I was able to relax. I was so absorbed in looking at everything that I didn't even realize that Ravi was following me closely with his hands in his pockets. He didn't say anything, I just knew that he was already in a good mood because of the beautiful smile on his lips. A group of people passed by our side, followed by a couple and for the moment the place was deserted. I looked around in amazement, was there an invisible signal for us to leave?

-I suppose we're in luck -I heard him say behind me. I believe we are alone -I squinted in his direction accusingly, he raised his hands in defense-. I have nothing to do with this -He was being honest, so I started looking at the landscape with a smile.

-This is perfect.

-It is- He agreed, standing next to me, after lowering the hood of my head-. Can you enjoy this without hiding?

-You're asking for something difficult... -He shook his head.

-You are the only one who is making it difficult.

-Oh, thanks for that -I said bitterly.

-Ha Neul, look at me -I did, but Ravi put his hands on my shoulders until I turned completely in front of him. I met his gaze, but what I wanted to do was look at my feet... I wasn't a scary mouse and I wasn't going to start being one now. Although thinking about it... I was already going in that direction, right? He hesitated a moment as if he didn't know which words to choose-. I like you -He let go, just like that. Leaving my breath stuck in my lungs. It wasn't the same to know it than listen to him saying it-. Before you say the reasons why we should not be together, listen to me -My heart was beating so loudly it was a miracle that I could hear him talking. What was I to say what? I was so blank that I couldn't think of anything other than him looking like the perfect man he was-. You aren't the only one who has thought about this and all the things that would be on the line. I tried millions of times to be rational. I had my rules, Ha Neul; I would never go out with someone from the company, and I was going to reach my goals before I decided to be with someone and it almost worked. But the more I walked in that direction, the less I was myself. I'm not blind Ha Neul, I can see you feel the same but tell me to stop and I'll do it -There shined my chance to return him to a safe place. I opened my mouth to tell him the logical answer, but the words didn't come out. I couldn't tell him I didn't want to be with him. Instead, I said the things why he couldn't be with me.

-Won Sik... As much as I would like to make myself ignore this I can't. I'm not the right person for you. I'm two years older than you, now you can't tell the difference but later you will -He opened his mouth to refute-. Let me finish, please. I'm a simple translator who works for you, not an artist who can ensure some growth in your career. Also, when your fans know you're with someone without a name you'll have problems -Many more problems than he would be if I were an artist like Hana... I was going to keep talking, but he put a finger on my lips to prevent it.

-Do you like me?

-Yes -Negation at this point was stupid with all the capital letters. Ravi laughed broadly. Was there a smile brighter than that one on the face of the earth? I doubted it.

-Everything else doesn't matter, I can only really think about the reasons why I want to be with you. As you are my source of constant joy, you are always there when I need you. You are my support when I get discouraged... There are many things that make you perfect to my eyes -Did you forget to breathe? Lore, breathe!-. I'm not asking you to be my girlfriend now. I'm asking you not to resist. When you're ready, I'll bring you here again and I'll make you my girlfriend. -The confidence in those words left me stunned. This was the man who climbed a stage and shone with confidence.

-Why are you so sure I'll be your girlfriend? -I arched an eyebrow with mockery, making him shrug.

-Some things will simply happen, this is one of them. Are you going to say no to your husband? -I opened my eyes like plates.

-How do you know that? -To tell him I didn't know what he was talking about wasn't going to get me out of that. Somehow, he knew that I called him that.

-I have my methods -He smiled charmingly-. How about we start with something simple? -He took my hand in his and put it in his coat pocket-. This is enough -He took a deep breath, but he was so happy that I could not help joining the joy. His hand was big compared to mine, although warmer and more comfortable.

We went to see the night view without saying a word, laid my head on his arm and we stood there in silence who knows for how long. We got off the tower because it was already late and we went through the padlock area again.

-We'll go back one day and hang ours in there -He said, echoing what I had said when he arrived. His security in us ignited mine. There was no man as sweet, strong and perfect like him in another place. I no longer had the strength to get away from his charm, Ravi had broken all resistances and since there was nothing to prevent it... I was free to love him.