Epilogue

-No, don't do it! -I ran out with a laugh before Ravi caught me and threw me into the water as he planned to do.

-Come here.

-No.

After both of us were working hard, we finally had a good vacation. The waves on the beach wet my feet as I watched Ravi walk in my direction. He looked like an angel with such beautiful features, but I knew he hid much more under that facade. He gave me a wide smile when, finally, he was with me and took my hand as if he couldn't bear to be away from me for too long. The feeling was mutual.

We chose to go on vacation for three days before Ravi announced his next solo comeback. You ask me if I shouted with emotion when he told me? Sure, like a total fangirl. That has not changed nor will ever change. I'm his number one fan. Anyway, today is the last day we would be here. Yes, the days went by in the blink of an eye, but I had a great time. We swam, I made fun of him many times for his fight with insects and he teasing me whenever he could. Yes, we were meant to be. We didn't waste time to be able to laugh at each other.

-What do you want to do in the night before we leave?

-I thought you told me you already had plans for tonight.

-Did I? -I rolled my eyes.

-Yes, and you were not asleep when you did it -His laugh was so beautiful that as always, I was listening to it as if it were music.

-I remember now. I wanted to make sure you remembered too.

I rolled my eyes again, who knows what on earth he was thinking? These days he has been somewhat anxious and I was wondering if it were the effects of being out of work. For someone who is always working, it must be difficult to disconnect. That man of mine, what could I do with him? We visited several places that we had yet to visit. Before coming, we were dedicated to choosing some places to spend time together, away from people who may know us. They were beautiful moments that we shared, I never complained about my luck and I adored him in every moment that passed. More and more and more.

In the afternoon, back to the hotel, I fell asleep. We had walked so much and I slept so little the night before that it was taking a toll on me. I discovered when I woke up that Ravi wasn't in the room. Where will he have gone? I found a note on the bedside table.

-I'm waiting for dinner.

I stood up faster than a blink and looked among my things for a perfect dress for the occasion. It took me a good 20 minutes -1 hour- to prepare myself and when I was satisfied with my reflection, I went looking for him. He was looking at his watch when I finally saw him in the dining room, I grinned openly thinking that I should have made him wait a little longer. Yes, that's how cruel I am.

We enjoyed a warm dinner, where he had considered all my favorite dishes and they were served without any problem. How did he manage to remember everything? Ravi wasn't known precisely for his memory. If it wasn't about music, then his memory was out. I guess miracles exist. The walk was fully accepted once we finished dinner. Then we talked about the last song he had composed, while I insisted that he should record it and let me listen to it in my music player. But he refused. It was unfair! How is he going to sing me a song once and leave me with the desire later?

The view around us was lovely. The beach, the moon, even the streetlights in the distance made a completely cozy picture. On the boardwalk, we take a seat because we are far enough away. Ravi took my hand and looked at it as if he had never seen anything like it in his life.

-I love you -He said, suddenly. My brain stopped processing well at that moment-. I swear that I will always adore you and that I will make you love me more every day.

-That's possible? I love you too much already -As I let go of the nervous diatribe, Ravi slid a ring on my ring finger.

-Marry me -I looked at him in surprise. Still making sure if he was serious. Although I saw the ring perfectly on my finger, the proposal left me beyond being a rational person. He looked at me with alarm, while I just blinked. Had I lost my voice? Lore, it's time you say something. Lore! Breathe!

-Do you need affirmation? Of course! -He laughed at my expression before kissing me steadily.

-I feel like I can breathe now.

-Was that why you were so nervous these days?

-Did you notice?

-It was evident from an airplane -I laughed.

I laid my head on his chest, absorbing everything from him. Now his whole body was relaxed, but his happiness was everywhere. Besides, it could be easily heard in his voice and how much he laughed. For me, all this was much more than a dream. I, who was only a simple woman who adored beyond reason an idol who was very far from her reach, suddenly received a stroke of luck and along with it, everything she once wanted. Could I ask for more? In the near future, I will be the wife of this man. The only thing I could ask for was a long and happy life with him.