Bonus Chap. 17

I was so happy when Ha Neul put Hana in her place that night at the karaoke. I knew that she could sing more than anyone, that's why I let her defend herself. I knew that the message of the song was directly for me and it hurt, but it was time for Hana to stop thinking that Hannie wasn't good at anything. I was beautifully impressed when the rap part of the song ended. Her satisfied face echoed mine, which made me smile. That was my girl, it made me feel proud. I remembered with regret that she wasn't my girl when a very angry Hana demanded to leave. She was good at making Hannie feel bad but when it comes back to hit her, she can't receive it with the same grace and sarcasm as Ha Neul.

With the days running with despair aside from walking like a soul in pain, I didn't know anything else except that I didn't meet with Boo not even by chance. I looked for her everywhere in the company, and I couldn't find her. I knew that my brothers knew what was going on with her, but I decided to be sensible and not ask. I went to her house just to find an answer, carrying her belongings like a silly excuse.

I was greeted by silence at the door. Was she in there? I never heard so much silence coming from there. Surprised and worried, I inserted the code of the door. I didn't think about any of the consequences, that's why when I found Ha Neul standing in the hallway I didn't know what to do.

-You have not changed the password on the door -That was like a fist in my stomach because suddenly all our experiences rained in my mind. She was twice as brave as me if she could still live inside these walls. I couldn't stand so much. I resisted the urge to hold her and only studied her while she was still in her amazement.

-There is no need. I didn't think you were coming anyway -She shrugged as if this fact didn't matter. If it were not for the fact that she looked really thin and because she seemed to have not slept well, I would say that she is not suffering at all-. What brings you here?

-I've come to bring your things -I received a look of disbelief and a sarcastic smile formed on her lips. I didn't expect less from her...

-You could leave it in the office. I would pick it up anyway.

-I told you that I would give them to you in person -Her laugh wasn't funny at all. I knew I was being absurd but it was the first time I saw her after that night. Even if I was being shameless, seeing her at this moment was like a balm.

-You did it, only I didn't think that really mattered now.

-You didn't go to the office -It was the only way I could see her by chance and that she wasn't hanging around making me feel more desolated. How pathetic was I? I knew the consequences of my actions and with all that, I expected her to be around. Was I so selfish? What was wrong with me?

-Uh-huh -Her eyes looked at me deeply. I'm sure she was asking what was going through my head. Good luck with that, not even I knew that answer.

-Are you going to the trip with us next week? -I was curious, but I also wanted to break the awkward silence that settled in the air.

-Yes. I still work with you, Ravi. Our personal relationship doesn't matter here -It was the first time that her anger was directed at me and I felt hurt, but as far as Ha Neul knows I left her alone because that day I woke up from the wrong side of the bed wanting to be Hana's boyfriend. Not only that but also officializing the relationship right away. If the case becomes the other way around, I will not talk to me, even though it means saving my life-. Why do you ask? Do you want to make sure your brothers don't kill you for being an idiot? Don't worry, that will not happen. If you're worried about me leaving work, be calm, it took me a lot to get here. If you worry about me, don't do it, you waste your time. I'm perfectly fine -I would have believed if at the end of her words had not changed the direction of her gaze.