Chapter 1: Meeting

"So tell me exactly why my father insisted on a girl joining us to Altissia? She doesn't look like much help either," Noctis grumbled, as he crouched down behind the broken down Regalia.

You sat slumped with your head down inside the car, fiddling with your phone, wondering whether they would listen to you. You had the phone number of the garage in Hammerhead, being rather close to the owners. Yet hearing the annoyance in the young Prince's tone earlier, perhaps not.

King Regis had requested that the boys bring you along on their road trip to Altissia. You weren't one for the company either, let alone four young men who could potentially eat you alive. You remained quiet, avoiding eye contact with any of them. The drive so far hadn't been pleasant. The Prince purposely didn't engage in conversation with you, despite sitting next to you in the car. It made your shy and unconfident self feel smaller than you already felt. You sighed to yourself and quietly climbed out of the car, hoping none of them saw you.

You decided that you would get the help they needed. Considering there wasn't a lot of conversation or 'getting-to-know' one another upon leaving Insomnia. You hadn't quite shared a vital piece of information about you.

You were a shapeshifter.

You could only transform into animals or beasts, and it sure came in handy when you just wanted to enjoy your time by your lonesome. Your favorite animal to transform into was a cat. The thrill of being able to slink around, climb onto anything and just curl up in a little ball was your ideal life. In regards to protecting yourself, you wouldn't think twice before transforming into a Coeurl, being just as ferocious as the shocking mammals they were. Given the circumstances, and the lack of interest from the Royal Entourage, you crouched down and transformed into a hawk. It was after you had flown several feet above them did you hear Ignis ask the rest of the group where you had gone. You mentally sighed figuring none of them would really care.

"Well, I'll be! Our little missy has grown up to be quite the beautiful young lady," Cid complimented with a chuckle, "What brings you to Hammerhead? I thought you were going to be road-tripping with Reggie's young cub?" He asked looking around as you stretch your arms after transforming back to your human self.

Cid and Cindy were two of the few common folks who were aware of your abilities. Your shapeshifting ability descended from a special family based in the forests nearby Tenebrae.

"I am traveling with His Highness, but the Regalia has broken down," You replied, keeping your words minimal, your eyes downcast.

"Still shy as ever huh darlin'?" Cindy teased affectionately, "Whereabouts is the Prince and his crew?"

"Just about several miles east from here," You answered.

"Is Reggie's cub and crew giving you a hard time?" Cid must have noticed you shift uncomfortably at the mention of Noctis.

"Ah..." There wasn't any use in lying to Cid. He was one of the few people whom you trusted, plus he knew you inside and out considering you spent the far majority of your childhood summers in Hammerhead. You thought it best to leave Cid to think what he wanted.

It didn't take long for Cindy to return with the Regalia and it's Royal Entourage in tow. You sat inside the garage reading one of your favorite books from Cid's collection. You could hear the voices of Prompto and Gladio nearing the garage as the group pushed the car in, with Ignis steering. It wasn't long until Ignis' eyes locked with yours, his eyes widening a little in surprise.

"Glad to see you're safe and sound Miss (First Name)," Ignis greeted politely. You bit the inside of your cheek and nodded, averting your gaze from his intense stare. He must have gotten the message. The sound of the car door opening and footsteps on the sleek concrete floor of the garage told you the Royal Advisor had decided to give you some peace alone.