Chapter 17: Comfort

"Mental note!" Prompto groaned, blowing some hair out of his face, "Never! EVER! Piss (Your Name) off,"

"You say that about (Your Name) each time she transforms into a new beast Prom," Noctis grumbled, planting himself down on the ground, trying to catch his breath, "And you're usually the one who goes against that piece of advice,"

"Who would have thought the bloody Zu would return to its nest when we visit?!" Prompto complained loudly, changing the topic. You rolled your eyes and transformed back to your human form with a huff, putting your hands on your hips.

"Did you honestly think we would ever get through a Royal Tomb without facing off against a massive beast?" You asked, not expecting a logical answer from the whining blonde.

"We didn't when we were in Malmalam Thicket!" Prompto shot back, collapsing on his back on the ground.

"Well that was thanks to (Your Name) becoming well acquainted with Eduardo-san prior," Ignis pointed out, crossing his arms and shaking his head at the two young men parked on the ground.

"Whoever said killing a bird was easy? I'm going to smack anyone who dares to say the battle should have been easy," Gladio grumbled, dismissing his broadsword and wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"You always loved a good work out," You teased, earning an unimpressed grunt from the shield.

"Let's just get to the tomb and get this over with?" Noctis grumbled.

After retrieving the Mace of the Fierce, you all made your way down, having found a slope that made the descent back to the main road a whole lot easier. You held back to be the last one to slide down, having smelt the familiar scent of the three shapeshifters you encountered in Malmalam Thicket. You turned to find yourself facing them, this time as Wyverns.

"You're not going to say anything huh?" You sighed, waiting for one of them to give you something in return. When none of them did, you exhaled deeply and jumped to slide down, after Prompto's call echoed from below. The slide was the most fun you had, besides the joy ride you gave Prompto earlier. What made the slide just that much more entertaining was when Prompto's curiosity got the better of him, having run up the slope a little to see if you were on your way down. You ended up knocking him off his feet as you slid down, like a bowling balll hitting the last remaining pin. The entire group erupted in laughter at the poor blonde's expense, with you running over to check up on his wounds. He had shallow gashes across his hands and arms, with one light cut on his cheek from a ridge on the mountain ground he landed on. You felt bad especially since they weren't severe enough to heal with a potion. You brushed your fingertips over each one as if silently wishing they would disappear. Much to your surprise, your wish was unexpectedly granted, as after each touch the wound glowed a familiar white glow. Prompto and you stared at each other in shock, looking back at his wounds and then at your hands.

"How in the world-?" Prompto began.

"I seriously have no idea," You said, your eyes as wide as his as you shook your head in confusion.

"Hey guys. It's getting dark. Let's get going!" Gladio called from the next part of the mountain terrain to climb down.

"Mm'kay!" You called, giving Prompto's gashes one last look before meeting his confused eyes. They flickered with curiosity in which you had no idea how to satisfy. He must have seen your concern as he poked your cheek quickly getting up from the ground.

"One last joy ride?" He asked with a grin. You returned his grin, transforming into a Wyvern this time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------