Chapter 5: Arriving in Lestallum

After sidetracking to the Chocobo post, the next destination was Lestallum. You were correct in thinking that Gladio had siblings, as he was dead set on meeting up with her. The relief that washed over Gladio once he got wind that his baby sister was safe was refreshing and you couldn't be happier seeing him relax a little. He also mentioned that his caretaker and the caretaker's grandson had survived the attack. You basked in their happiness as they received word of some of their loved ones were safe.

The drive up to Lestallum from Wiz' was a full-fledged interrogation about your abilities led by none other than Prompto Argentum. You were happy to answer all his questions, but once your family was brought up, Gladio diverted the conversation. He must have felt you tense up after Prompto asked.

Feeling tired from the drive, you managed to doze off on Gladio's shoulder. Only to awaken snuggled into Noctis who had an arm wrapped around your waist, his head resting on top of yours. You could feel yourself heat up as you locked eyes with a grinning Prompto. He had swivelled around in the front passenger seat, facing you both. Unable to comprehend how you both managed to be in such a position, you heard Gladio call for the rest of you to hop out of the car. Not wanting to keep Gladio and the rest waiting, you slowly moved your head from underneath Noctis' and right when you thought you could back out of his embrace, Noctis moved only to snuggle into your neck, wrapping his arms tighter around your waist. Prompto could not get enough of this, snapping several photos of your dilemma as he struggled to stifle his laughter.

"What is taking you kids so long over here?" Gladio grumbled, only to see for himself what had Prompto in silent hysterics. You gave Gladio a pleading look before looking back down at Noctis who was still sound asleep.

"He's awkward with the ladies when awake, but slick when asleep. How does that work?" Gladio chuckled.

"Didn't realize Noct was the type to sleep around," Prompto chimed in, proud of his pun.

"It wouldn't do for His Highness' image if this were to get out," Ignis sighed having rejoined them. You were beyond embarrassed by the chain of events and wanted nothing more than to crawl into a little ball. Then an idea sprung to mind. Maybe transforming into a cat would help. Noctis woke up the moment he fell face first onto the car seat. You didn't think your plan through too well though, as he fell right on top of you in your cat form. You screeched in pain, making the young King jump up with a yelp; you defensively scratched his hand in an attempt of getting out.

"Ouch! Whose clever idea was it to wake me up with a cat scratching me?" Noctis grumbled as Ignis handed him a band-aid. Annoyed by his comment, you transformed back, sitting on your legs and crossing your arms across your chest. Noctis' mouth hung open realizing that you were the cat he was grumbling about.

"Wait... that was you the entire time (Your Name)? Why didn't you say anything?" Noctis was clearly just as embarrassed as you, "I guess you can't say anything cause you're a cat," He mumbled, only to look back at you utterly bewildered, "Why were you a cat? Last time I checked, you were knocked out on Gladio's shoulder?" Prompto cried out in laughter as you stared at the young King with your jaw practically to the ground. He really had no idea that you were both wrapped in each other's arms earlier.

"Yup," Gladio laughed, "Definitely smoother when asleep,"

Closing your eyes, you pressed both your temples, sending a disgruntled look Gladio's way before getting out of the car. You could feel your face heat up having remembered how warm and comfortable you had been during your nap - before you realized you were entangled with the current King of Lucis.

When you arrived at Leville, the hotel Gladio's younger sister, Iris, was supposedly staying at, you were immediately blown away by how pretty and energetic she was. You couldn't help but feel drawn to her as she spoke, seeing she had the same warmth in her eyes as Gladio. She had been quick to assume that you were Gladio's girlfriend pointing out your closeness to her older brother. Naturally, you were quick to deny such an assumption.