Chapter 25: Whistle

"Would you like to see the garden Noctis-sama?" A blonde, teenage-girl asked kindly.

"Sure..." An 8-year-old boy replied meekly.

As they ventured through the garden in awe of its beauty, a teenage boy's hushed call catches their attention.

"Hime-chan! You can't do this. Hale is gonna get mad!" He hissed quietly looking in the bushes and around the trees. Both watched as he wandered through the garden with extreme care of the greenery.

"Are you looking for someone?" The teenage girl asked, making the teenage boy jump.

"Ah! Lunafreya-sama..." He gasped, bowing politely, "I apologize for entering the Royal Garden without permission. My uh... my pet kitten has accidentally run into your garden,"

"Do you need help finding her?" Lunafreya asked kindly.

"Oh no, it's fine. I'm sure I'll find Hime-chan on my own. You needn't worry," The teenage boy assured.

"Very well. What does your little kitten look like?" She asked.

"Uh... she's got (Your Hair Color) color fur all over and quite small in comparison to a normal kitten," The teenage boy described.

"I shall call if we see a kitten that fits that description," Lunafreya advised. The teenage boy bowing again quickly before dashing off deeper in the garden.

As Lunafreya continued pushing Noctis in his wheelchair, they both turned hearing a small meow nearby.

"Did you hear that Luna?"

"I did. I shall return. I promise I won't be long," Lunafreya said, slowly making her way towards a small bush of wildflowers growing under a large tree trunk. She returned with a small, panicked looking kitten in her arms.

"Is that the boy's lost kitten?" Noctis asked curiously, watching the kitten squirm in Lunafreya's arms.

"I believe so. It fits the description the boy gave us earlier," Lunafreya replied, holding out the kitten for him to see. Noctis looked at it closely, its eyes meeting his crystal blue ones, immediately relaxing under his gaze. He stared into the kitten's eyes, feeling drawn in by them. A soft mew came out from the kitten as Lunafreya whistled in the distance.

"Why did you whistle just then Luna?" Noctis asked, breaking his gaze from the kitten's eyes and looking up.

"Whistling to someone is a lot easier than calling them," Lunafreya answered with an embarrassed smile. Moments later, the same teenage boy came running, almost out of breath as he reached them.

"Ah! There you are Hime-chan!" The teenage boy sighed, "You are going to land me in some serious trouble one day!" He groaned, bowing repeatedly to both Lunafreya and the young boy. "Many thanks for finding Hime-chan for me. I'll try and keep her with me to avoid her getting lost again,"

"We were glad to help. I hope she'll be safe and sound with you from now on,"

"Hey, buddy! We've arrived!" Prompto's voice echoed, becoming clearer as Noctis stretched his arms around, his eyes fluttering open. He squinted as he looked around, the sunlight bouncing off the ocean was too much for his poor eyes. Noctis stifled a yawn as he got up from his seat on the boat and walked onto the pier. He wasn't exactly sure what they were going to do once arriving in Altissia, but figured Ignis would have a plan once they got accommodation settled.

As Noctis took in the beautiful scenery of Altissia, he wondered where you were and whether you were safe. He would never admit it to the rest, but going back to just him and guys didn't feel right. You brought an extra shimmer to the group and he missed you terribly. The young King felt ridiculous considering he only saw you in the morning. Not knowing when he would see you next bothered him to no end. But he knew you both had your own responsibilities.