Chapter 8: Comfortable

You awoke to find yourself lying in bed, wearing an unfamiliar oversized shirt and pajama shorts. You could have sworn you weren't wearing pajamas before. Looking around, you found yourself back in the room you were currently sharing with Iris. How you got back was a mystery to you, but you had an inkling feeling having noticed someone lying on your bed next to you.

The one and only King of Lucis was having a good ol' nap next to you on your bed without a care in the world. You couldn't think of when he had suddenly become comfortable with you enough to lie next to you; you secretly didn't mind either. His presence had become soothing to you, more so whenever you were in any animal transformation. Gladio had mentioned that he always loved animals. So it was an added bonus that you could shapeshift into any animal. Noctis could pet any animal he wanted, provided you could transform into it.

You couldn't help but notice the bandage that was wrapped around your left wrist, feeling a little pain when you prodded it. You had definitely cut yourself on something during the last confrontation with the imps in the cave. Figuring you'd ask Noctis later, you shifted a little to admire his features. Since the opportunity was present, you decided to indulge in it, no matter how weird that sounded in your mind.

However, just as you turned in your bed to face Noctis, Iris popped in to check up on you with Gladio. She jumped on the bed hugging you with exaggerated cries that she thought you were a goner. Your eyes met with Gladio's concerned ones, only for them light up with warmth the moment sent him a smile and patting Iris on the head sighing. Seeing Noctis sleeping like a log next to you on the bed, resulting in a few bouts of teasing from the Amicitia siblings. Prompto was not any help either as he began snapping around with his camera. The flash made Noctis' eyes fly wide open only to send a glare towards the chirpy cameraman. It made you wonder whether Noctis was selective about what he woke up to. Iris had tackled you and yet the flash of a camera was what woke him?

Prompto looked rather proud of himself, unable to hide his amused grin. "You seriously need to stop sleeping around Noct. It doesn't look good for your image ya know,"

"Shut up," Noctis snapped, stretching and seeing you were awake, "You feeling better?"

"I think so?"

"You think so? What kind of answer is that?" Prompto laughed as Noctis' brow furrowed in confusion.

"What happened to me?"

"You blacked out from the poison that Imp scratched you with," Noctis' explanation made sense, considering you did remember an Imp taking a few swipes at you. You didn't remember if any of those swipes made contact with your skin though.

"You scared the whole lot of us collapsing like that," Prompto pouted, "Noct said you were boiling up,"

"Ah so I got poisoned huh?" You inwardly smacked your forehead for being so careless.

"Luckily Ignis had an antidote, otherwise we'd have to rush to you an infirmary," Prompto thought out loud, "You'd be a goner otherwise,"

"Well I'm thankful Ignis is Ignis," You sighed, fiddling with the bandages on your arm, only for a gloved hand to stop you.

"We should let (Your Name) rest," Gladio's suggestion surprised you, considering you only just woke up. Why would you need more rest?

"Mm'Kay!" Prompto hummed, jumping off the bed and leaving the room with a grin. Iris and Gladio followed suit, leaving you and Noctis alone in the room.

"Sorry for worrying you and everyone," You apologized.

Noctis pressed the back of his ungloved hand against your forehead as he spoke. "It's okay now because your fever has gone down, and the majority of the poison is gone now,"