Chapter 32: Eternity

When Noctis opened his eyes, he found himself on the ground in the center of what looked to be a forest village. Having noticed there was no one around, he slowly got up, shaking his grogginess and dusting himself off. Noctis looked around more closely, realizing that the village looked rather well built, making him more curious of the villagers, considering the entire area was vacant. A few white orbs caught his attention after taking a few steps forward. Seeing that they definitely weren't fireflies, he took a few cautious steps towards them, his curiosity increasing when they floated a few strides away from him. Figuring they were purposely trying to get him to follow, he did exactly that.

He slowly took in the scenery that surrounded him after seeing what seemed to be the last house of the village. The forest's density made him think back to Malmalam Thicket, recognizing a few of the greenery that was in front of him. He recalled the times he overheard you sharing your vast knowledge of plants, most especially to Ignis who was most interested in them for cooking and medicinal remedies. It brought him back to the late night campfires at any haven, where you would make everyone a herbal tea from a certain leaf you harvested nearby. It was guaranteed that everyone would sleep soundly that night and be completely rid of any stress or aches.

Noctis smiled to himself smelling the familiar scent of the Sampaguitas that were blossoming beautifully in patches as he continued following the white orbs. The image of you wearing it on your left ear back in Lestallum had him blushing. He remembered his first initial thoughts was that you were unbelievably beautiful. The radiant blush on your cheeks as Jared shared the traditions of the tribes in Tenebrae forests, focusing on how young males proposed to their significant other. It was endearing and instantly made him think differently of you as you slowly showed more of your personality.

Noctis snapped back to reality when he noticed that the white orbs had somehow increased in number, making him wary on whether he should have followed them in the first place. He also realized that he had no idea how to get back to the village he awoke in, having followed the little orbs absentmindedly. His eyes scanned the area seeing that in the distance there was a clearing up ahead. Finding it fascinating that the white orbs were going in the exact direction, he increased his pace having noticed a lone figure wearing white standing near what sounded like a waterfall. Although Noctis couldn't see for sure there was a waterfall, the sound of running water gave him the impression his prediction wasn't off.

He made his way through the field, doing his best not to crush the beautiful Sampaguita flowers that were littered throughout. He felt his body relax a little seeing who it was standing with their back to him, watching the waterfall; you.

Noctis slowly walked over to you, relieved to see a welcoming smile gracing your face as you turned your body to face him. Without another word, he encased you in his arms, letting out a sigh of relief feeling your warmth envelope him as you returned his embrace.

"Are you okay?" He asked, pulling back and checking you all over.

"I am," You replied, "How about you?"

"Could've slept better. I woke up in the middle of a vacant village in the worst possible sleeping position," Noctis joked.

"I guess that's you get for sleeping around huh Noct?" You jested, bringing him back to the time Prompto made the same joke in Lestallum. He still remembered how shocked he was when he realized you were the cat that scratched and woke him up.

"I guess so," Noctis chuckled. "So where are we exactly?" He asked, looking around properly. The waterfall was quite magnificent, cascading down the mountain ridge and landing in a small body of water. From the way the sun was shining through, it looked like the water was sparkling.