{2} Akari's Wrath

I've spent my days with Gaara while keeping a close eye on Shukaku's behavior. I've already met Gaara's brother and sister, and they have told me that they too fear Gaara because of the gift he has.

I told them that there was nothing to fear as long as Gaara remained calm. His bloodlust is slowly toning down, and it seems to be Shukaku is behaving himself quite well. I want it to keep it that way.

"Akari! Look what I made for you!" Gaara comes running towards me while I'm sitting on his bed, looking at the picture of him and his mother. "Here, look!" Gaara hands me a solid sand bracelet.

"It's lovely. Thank you, Gaara." I pat his head, then put on the bracelet.

I've only been here for about a month and now it's time for me to check on another jinchuriki. The 9 tailed fox, Kurama. Every now and then I can feel his anger and hatred toward each host he's been sealed into. It's starting to give me a headache.

"Gaara, I'm sorry to say this, but I have to go." 

"Huh? But. . . Why?" He frowns at me as he looks down at the sand. 

"It's only for a little while, I promise. I will return as soon as I can. When I return, you and I can play as much as you want, okay?" 

"Okay. . ." Gaara still has the frown on his face. 

"Oh, Gaara. I know you don't want to be alone, but you have your brother and sister. They will look after you while I'm away. I'll return to you, okay?" I press my lips against Gaara's forehead, giving him a kiss of affection. "Wait for me, okay, Gaara?" I smile at him. 

He smiles and nods his head, then says, "I will!" 

"Good. Well, I'm off. Sayonara." I wave to him and leave, going to the Leaf Village. 

I've recently heard that Kurama has been hoping from host to host over the years. The wife of the 1st Hokage, Kushina Uzumaki, and now a small boy, son of the 4th Hokage. 

He shouldn't be that hard to fine. All I have to do is sense Kurama's chakra, and it will lead me right to the host. 

As I enter the village, I can already hear a ruckus going on. The citizens of the village were screaming and throwing things at a young boy. He is crying, not bothering to defend himself since there is nobody to defend for him. 

Somebody throws a rock at the boy, causing me to step in, and catch the rock before it could hit the boy's forehead. I bring the rock up to my face and crush it in my bare hands. 

"What do you think you're doing?" I turn to the citizens. "You would dare hurt a child? . . ." I glare while summoning my scythe. 

"He's a monster! Do you know what he is!?" One of the citizens shout at me, informing me what the boy is. 

"I am aware of what the boy is, and what he has inside him. But abusing a child in such a way is something I cannot allow. All of you should will pay with your death!" I raise my scythe and dark red lightning strikes, ready to strike the citizens. 

However, they run away before I can make my attack. It was a good choice for them to do so. But honestly, I couldn't kill these people even if I wanted to. That's not something I came here to do.  

"Good grief. They act like spoiled children." I sigh, then turn to the blonde boy who is still weeping. I kneel down to the boy and ask, "Are you alright?" The boy looks at me as soon as he stops crying. "Aw, look at you. You're dirty and all scratched up. That's no way to treat a lonely child." I notice how beaten up this boy is. 

"Who are you? . . . Did you. . .just save me from those people just now?" The boy questions, and I nod. 

"My name is Akari, and I'm here for you." I smile at him while standing up.