{28} The Reunion

{Tsunade's P.O.V.}

2 years since Akari and Naruto have left the village. Sakura has definitely gotten stronger, and I've been doing Akari a favor by looking into every Akatsuki's members info. Especially Itachi and Kisame. 

I wonder how Akari has been over these years. I know for a fact that she's a lot stronger than last time. There's no way I can keep up with her. Maybe she should be the Hokage while I take a break from all of it. 

"If only we were to switch places." I think out loud and chuckle at the thought. 

"You can keep saying that, but it's not going to happen, Tsunade. Take some responsibility." I jump at her voice. Akari's voice. 

"Akari!?" I jump out of my chair and see her kneeling near the window. I didn't even hear her come by. I forgot how quiet she is when she's sneaking up on people. "How you been, Akari? It's been a long time." I smile at her while opening the window for her to come in.

"Busy, but thanks for asking." She hops inside. "I see you've been keeping the village in check. I know being Hokage is a tough job, but at least you're praised about it. You're the strongest person here. You're Hokage for a reason." 

"Yeah, I know." I sigh, then smile at her once more. "You haven't aged a bit, have you? You still look the same from when we first met. Only difference is that you're a bit taller."

"Likewise." She smiles back. "Do you have what I asked for?" 

"Yes. Itachi Uchiha's files. I couldn't get a hold of Kisame's because he's not from the village." I give her the file of Itachi Uchiha. 

"That's because Kisame is from the village hidden in the Mist. Of course he wouldn't be in the files. Itachi's finals is what I need, really. I can do fine without Kisame's files. Thank you." 

{Akari's P.O.V.}

I've been sending clones to the leaf village and have been asking Tsunade about Akatsuki files. If the 3rd Hokage has them, then Tsunade is sure to find them. I just really need Itachi's files because I want to learn about the Uchiha clan. 

I did become Sasuke's mother figure after all. So, the least I can do is learn a thing or two about the clan he comes from. "Thank you for going through the trouble of finding Itachi's file for me while I was away." I tell Tsunade while stuffing the file in my pocket. 

"You're welcome. But, can I ask why you need Itachi's file? He's an S rank criminal-" 

"Who has joined the Akatsuki, I know. Learning about Itachi can give me answers on why he joined the Akatsuki in the first place. He's been a target for me ever since he attempted to take Naruto away from me." 

"Doing what you can to protect your child, I see. Don't you think you're going a bit too far with protecting your children?" 

"You almost sound like Kakashi. I remember how he would always lecture me about overdoing things to keep my children safe. His lectures were helpful, but at the same time, a nuisance." I smile at the memory and at the same time my ears twitch. 

I can sense somebody's chakra. 

Warm.

Bright. 

Charming, yet dark at the same time. He's returned! 

"Akari? Are you okay?" Tsunade questions me, taking notice that I am frozen in place. "Akari?" She waves her hand in front of my face. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Excuse me." I bow and leave the office, running through the village to search for him. I wonder how much he has changed. It's been so long since I've seen him. I'm quite excited to see him again.