{34} I Will Always Return, Onto The Next Mission!

{Akari's P.O.V.} 

"I'll take a different route to get to the hideout. I have Orochimaru's sent, but Kabuto's is different. He's near the east of where's heading. Make sure you get Sai back." I inform the squad where I'll be going. 

"Right. You got it." Sakura nods her head, confirming it. I nod back at her and turn my attention to Naruto. I can't help but smile and walk over to him, embracing him in my ears. 

"If there's anything you need, just call out my name, okay, Naruto?" My eyes are closed while telling him this. I feel Naruto hugging me back and his warm smile. "Will you be alright without me for a little while?" 

"Yeah. Thanks for everything, Akari." Naruto nods his head as we both pull away from each other. 

"What are mothers' for!" I perk up with a kind smile. "I'm off now. Good luck." I wave to the team and return to the hideout without being noticed by Orochimaru. 

I doubt that Orochimaru would be at the hideout. He would be waiting outside for Naruto and the others to find him, and fight him. But first, they will need to find Kabuto for taking away Sai. It won't take long for them to find Kabuto since I gave away his location. Which means, I have time to continue to catch up with Sasuke. 

I enter back in his room and find him already napping. "You didn't take long to fall asleep. I was gone for 10 minutes, Sasuke." I sigh. 

"I got tired of waiting for you." He speaks out as he sits up from the bed. I put my scythe down and sit on my knees, in front of Sasuke's bed. 

"There is something I must tell you, Sasuke. Will you please listen to what I have to say?" He doesn't answer, but he does nod his head. "It is a possibility that Naruto and Sakura will be coming here to take you back to the leaf village. Also, Kabuto might be bringing someone new to join. He has joined squad 7 as your replacement." 

"What's his name?" Sasuke asks, a little bit uninterested.

"Sai. And the new squad leader is Yamato, however, he goes by Captain Yamato. . . Sasuke, if you do encounter Naruto and Sakura today, please, do not hurt Naruto." My eyes wander to the floor. "You both mean the world to me even though I am not your mother by blood. It hurts me to see you both fighting like this. . .

As children, you two were always getting into silly fights until you were genin. Then, you both went to arguing and competing to see who was the better shinobi. But, as days went by, you two became closer without even knowing it. 

Despite your differences of the past, you two act like brothers instead of rivals. As you continue to fight, bicker, and argue with each other, the closer you become. But. . .If I cannot bring you to your senses, then I have failed you as a mother." I close my eyes as shame. 

It is quiet between Sasuke and I. I hear him get off his bed and I feel his arm wrap around my shoulders, pulling me into a gentle hug. This causes me to open my eyes and look at the boy who is hiding his face. 

"You haven't fail as a mother. Not to me, Akari. No matter what, you are still my mother and I will respect your words. Naruto. . .is the last person I want to fight. So, I won't hurt him for your sake." Sasuke says as he strokes the back of my hair. 

"Thank you. . .Sasuke." I return the hug. My ears twitch, sensing that somebody is coming, so I pull away and stand up from the floor. "I have to go, Sasuke. Somebody is coming. If anything happens, call me with this." I give him a bell, the same one I gave to Temari and Kankuro back when they were genin. "Bye, Sasuke." 

I make a hand sign and disappear out of his sight. I find myself in the middle of a forest where is nobody around, except for the animals. My next mission is to now locate the 4 tails and his host. I have their scent, but I feel as if there is going to be trouble once I find them. 

Looks like it will take me a bit longer to return home to Naruto, and Kakashi. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned! More to come in the next chapter!