{9} Motherly Side

I don't know how long I was out for. One thing I know for sure is that I'm lying in a hospital bed in the leaf village. I don't remember much. All I can remember is that Gaara got hurt, and he went on a rampage, then Shukaku took control. 

I remember that I managed to stop Gaara and Shukaku, but ended up sealing Shukaku into my scythe just so Gaara can relax and rest up for a bit. 

When I open my eyes, knowing that I'm in a hospital, I look over at the window to see that the clouds are dark and there is no sunshine. All there is was rain pouring rain. Something tells me that somebody had died and a funeral is being held. 

"You're awake finally." I look over to my left to see Kakashi standing at the doorway, wearing all black. I slowly began to sit up, but he stops me by saying, "You should continue to lie down. You've been out for 2 days." 

"My body heals faster than you know. I can manage." I sit up from the bed and hold my head. "You're wearing black. Who died?" 

"Our beloved Hokage. . ." He frowns. 

"I am sorry for your lost. Where is everyone? My children, and sand siblings?" 

"Children?" Kakashi cocks an eyebrow. 

"The tailed beast and their host, I mean. Are they alright?" I ask again. 

"Naruto was badly injured, but he's still able to move around. And Gaara is waiting outside. He hasn't left the hospital until you have woken up. He refuses to leave unless he speaks to you." 

"I see. . . I will see to Naruto first." I get out of bed and limp over to the doorway, yet Kakashi stops me by gently placing his hand on my shoulder. 

"Akari, you've been through enough and you saved the village from being destroyed by the 1 tails. I think it's best if you stay rested." 

"I have been sleeping for 2 days, which is far too long to me. I have no time for resting. I must check on my children because they are my responsibility." I look at him with determination. 

I'm not sure what's gotten into the Copy Cat ninja, but he's giving me this look of worry. There is nothing to be worried about. I will take care of things by myself. I do need his help. 

"Do you care about me, Kakashi? Are you concerned about my safety?" I ask him with curiosity. He is silent, but his eyes become soft. "If you are concerned about me, then I must tell you that I cannot understand emotions that well. Meaning, I can't understand human feelings. Only the Jinchuriki and their host. I am sorry." 

That said, I continue on my way to meet Gaara outside. I see him leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and his eyes closed. Once I step in front of him, he opens his eyes and looks at me with a glare. 

The next thing I know is that he is hugging me while his body is shaking. "What's wrong, Gaara?" I ask him. 

"Akari. . . I'm so sorry. . .I-I didn't mean to lose control. . . I failed you, and I promised I would be able to maintain myself and the 1 tails. . . Please, forgive me!" Gaara sibs against me as tears stream down his face. 

All I can do is stroke the top of his head while telling him to hush. "Listen to me, Gaara. It was not your fault. It never was. The Shukaku wanted out and he took advantage when you got hurt. I should be the one apologizing. But things will be better, and do you know why?" 

"Wh-Why?" Gaara sniffles and looks up at me. 

"Because Shukaku won't be causing you any trouble. I have sealed him within my scythe so that you can take a break and relax. When you're ready, I will return him to you because you two need to get along. His powers and yours match each other, and believe it or not, you need each other. So, for now, you can relax yourself, okay?" I lightly smile at the boy. 

Gaara continues to cry on my chest as I hold him close to me until he has calmed down. No matter what happens, I will always be there for my children. No matter how hard the task may be. This is my duty. 

After about 15 minutes of holding Gaara while he cried, I told him to go home with his siblings and I will meet him later. I had to go check on Naruto to see how he was doing because he took a beating from Neji during the finals. 

He wasn't at the hospital, so my only guess would be at his house. His door is cracked open, so I let myself in to see Naruto sitting on the couch while hugging his knees. 

I walk over to him and sit next to him while looking down at my lap. I can tell that he is too upset to talk because the 3rd Hokage has died, and was killed during the ambush. 

"Did you know this would happen? .  . .You were with the sand ninjas, you know. . ." Naruto asks me. 

"I did not, Naruto. I had no idea that they were planning an ambush. I am sorry that you have lost the Hokage." I reply back.

"Then can I ask you something?" Naruto looks up at me. 

"Sure." 

"Do you get very lonely sometimes like me and Gaara? . . . I know your job is to protect us both and all, because we have monsters inside us, but you do all these things by yourself. How do you cope with it?" 

"I don't." I say bluntly. "I keep my mind busy so I won't have to think and realize the loneliness. . . I wish I knew what being alone was like. But every time I see those sad look on you and Gaara's faces, I can't help myself but to be there for you and put a smile on your faces. I want to make you both happy. 

Do not take yourself as a monster just because you have a tailed beast within you. You may call it a curse, but it is a special gift. These tailed beast look after their host because, believe or not, they care about you and they can't live without you. 

Whatever you may think you are, Naruto, you are the opposite of that. People say you are a nobody, but you are a somebody. They might call you a monster, but you are a powerful shinobi whether you realize it or not. 

They may say and do bad things to you, but that's because they are scared. They don't see the light that shines within you, and nobody can understand how special you. No one but me. I can see this positive brightness  building up inside you because you have a strong heart." 

I smile at Naruto while placing my hand on his chest. He looks at me with a faint blush on his face with his eyes sparkling within the darkness of the room. 

"Keep in mind, Naruto, that I will always be here for you. No matter how hard times may be, or how difficult the situation is, I am always by your side." I tell him and he jumps in my arms, giving me a huge hug. 

"Akari. . . Thank you!" He shouts as he tears up with joy. I hug him back with my eyes closed. 

Child or beast, I will always care for both host and tailed beast, even if it means being a mother to them. . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~