{54} It Will Be Okay

I carried Karin back to the village with Naruto, Kakashi, and Sakura. I promised Karin that no harm will be done to her, but she will need medical attention because of the countless bite barks on her body. 

"You were with the Leaf this whole time. . . ?" Karin whispers to me, very weak at the moment. "We trusted you. . ." Referring to Jugo, Suigestsu, and Sasuke.

"And I still have your trust. I was working with your team and the leaf this whole time for both of my children. I did recall telling you that I am Sasuke's mother figure. Naruto is also my child." 

"But. . .his chakra. . ." 

"Is calming, warm, and gentle, but also very dark. That is only because he has the 9 tails Jinchuriki within him. My child means no harm. He would not hurt anybody that is dear to him. If I were you, I would not talk. You are very weak at the moment. We can talk more once we get back to the village." 

Arriving to the village, I give Karin to the medical Ninja and everyone went their separate ways. But I went with Karin so that her and I can have a little chat. I want to know everything that has happened when she was with Sasuke. 

I walk into the room that Karin was taken to and find her getting treated. An IV in her arm, food, and fluids on the table next to her. "Leave us." I order the medical ninja to leave the room. I take a seat in the chair next to the bed. "You are going to tell me everything I need to know. What happened when you were with Sasuke? I will not hurt you. I promise." 

"Fine. . ." She frowns. Surprisingly, she is cooperative. I was expecting an argument. "After you left Sasuke, he went crazy and started to become careless. . . He went to the village hidden in the clouds to capture the 8 tails, yet we managed to survive." 

"Did you honestly think that you could beat the 8 tails?" I question as my ears twitch a bit. 

"But we captured him in the end!" 

"No, you did not. What you captured was a clone. I got to the village before you did and took Killer be into the Leaf so that he would be safe. He left a clone behind to test out how strong the Akatsuki could be." 

"What!?" 

"I was not going to let anybody take my child away from me. I am the Caretaker and Mother of the Jinchuriki's. Their safety is my top priority. What happened after capturing the fake 8 tails?" 

"Tobi told Sasuke the truth about his brother and had him go to the Kage Summit to find Danzo. He left Suigetsu and Jugo behind because more soldiers attacked us when we thought the ones on the floor were unconscious." 

"I take responsibility for that." I sigh. "Before you came into the Summit, I had every soldier asleep. However, I did not know that there would be more of them. Sorry for the trouble I caused you. But, what I am concerned about is you, Karin. Why did you continue to be with him when you knew he was getting out of control?" 

Karin frowns and looked down at her lap as she tightens the covers in her fist. "I. . . I don't know. . . Because I care about him so much. . . But in the end, he threw me away like I was nothing." 

"So that is the case. . . You were in love with Sasuke. No matter how carless and heartless he became, you still loved him. You have a big heart, Karin." I reach and stroke the tear away from her eyes. "I have to be honest, I thought no human had a heart until I met Hinata, my daughter, and now you. You really are a kind and strong woman, Karin." 

With those words said, Karin jumps in my arms and cries on my shoulder. "Akari. . . Why are you so kind!?" She cries out. 

"There, there, Karin. You have nothing to worry about. I will keep you safe as long as you remain here. I promise. Whenever you need something, or anything, just call out my name. Come to me at your most desperate hour." I close my eyes with a warm smile and stroke the back of Karin's head. "You are a troubled human who has been through so much, yet you continue to fight. You remind me of somebody I use to know. . . Could it be. . . That you are an Uzumaki?" 

"Wh-What?" She sniffles and looks at me. 

"Nothing." I shake my head, still smiling at her. This woman reminds me of Kushina. She was always defending for herself, strong, and confident. I also sense a powerful chakra within her. Does she also have the gift of restraint like Kushina? I can almost feel it. "You are very special to me, Karin. Just like the rest of my children. You always have, and you always will be." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~