{26} The Time Skip

"Just promise to come home. I love you, you know. . ." 

"Make sure you come back to the village, and I will do the same, okay? I'm not going to run away. I never go back on my word, because that is my ninja way!"

An that is my promise to both Kakashi and Naruto. It's been exactly 2 years since I've parted from the leaf village. 

My mission to locate each Akatsuki hideout and destroy each member so they won't have to seal away the tailed beast. So far, I've only found one hideout and that was close to the village hidden in the rain. But, nobody was inside. 

I destroyed the hideout by striking lightning down on it, crumbling it to the ground. So far, Jinchuriki's 1, 3, 5, 9 are safe. But Hans disappearance is still unknown to me. 

Right now, I'm heading to the village hidden in the clouds to check on the two tailed beast. The 2 and 8 tails. Matatabi and Gyuki, and their host, Yugito and Killer Bee. 

I've already contacted Matatabi and Gyuki, telling them both that I would be there soon to tell them about the information I've gathered so far. But, the host have not met me yet. Hopefully, they won't put up a fight once I arrive. 

When I arrive to the village, I keep myself invisible so I won't start a conflict with the shinobi guards that guard the front gates. I just want to send word to both Jinchuriki and host as soon as I can. 

As I'm walking to wherever I can find my children, I feel a presence from above me, causing me to look up. Yugito comes crashing down on me, thinking I'm an enemy. 

I move out of the way and land on all fours, glaring at the host for attacking me. No doubt about it. This is the 2 tails. Moves just like a cat. 

"You're not welcomed here. Who are you?" Yugito glares me, interrogating me. 

"I'm not here to fight you, Yugito. My name is Akari, and I am here to warn you. You're in danger." I tell her while standing up from my kneeling position. 

"And why should I trust you?" 

"Because she is Lady Akari. Our caretaker." Matatabi calls to us both. "It's been a long time, Lady Akari. You have grown into a beautiful woman." 

"Likewise, Matatabi." I speak out loud while looking directly at Yugito. "I've here to tell you to be careful with yourselves. An organization known as the Akatsuki are hunting down tailed beast and are sealing them away for good. I can keep you safe, but only if you come with me. You are not safe here." 

"How do I know that you're not one of them?" Yugito continues to glare at me. I admire how she keeps her guard up, and she doesn't give up easily. But, I need her to trust me. 

"Because the Akatsuki wears black cloaks with red clouds on them and their headband has a scratch across the symbol. . .The choice is yours Yugito. You can stay here and defend for yourself when they come to capture you, or you can come with me and continue to see another day. I won't force you." I hold my hand out to her and patiently wait for her answer. "I am doing this for your safety and your tailed beast." 

"Look, I appreciate your concerns about me, but I'll be fine. So, thank you." Yugito lowers her guard and gives me a kind smile. "But, how do I know you're not lying to me?" 

"If I were lying to you, I would have attacked you by now, Yugito. If you do not wish to come with me for your own safety, then that's fine by me. I have another tailed beast to look after while I'm here. What I want is your safety. If you ever change your mind, just call out my name." 

I lower my hand down and sigh a bit. She can take care herself and I do not want to force her into coming with me. Seeing how she can handle things on her own, I should be going to find the 8 tails.

Killer Bee.

"Take care, Yugito and Matatabi. If you need anything, please, do not hesitate to call me." I turn my head over my shoulder while telling her this before walking away. 

According to my research, Killer Bee is related to the Raikage of this village. Or, I think he is related. And I don't think Raikage, A, will allow me to see his brother so willingly. He is aggressive. 

I appear in the Raikage office and Raikage A is already glaring at me. His two body guards get in front of him with hand signs, ready to attack me. "How did you get in here?" One of them questions me. 

I should make this quick. "My name is Akari and I know about your brother, Killer Bee. The host of the 8 tails. I am not here to capture him. For I, have a request, and it's up to you, Raikage." 

"You want him to take him away, is that it?" Raikage A glares at me. 

"It's only for his safety. There is an organization, called the Akatsuki, that are kidnapping tailed beast, thus killing them." I inform them and everyone becomes wide eyed. Looks like they didn't know. "Your brother will be safe with me and the Akatsuki won't be able to find him. It's for his safety." 

"And why should I trust you?" 

"Because I am the one who can protect your brother and his tailed beast, Gyuki. As a caretaker, it is my job to make sure they are protected and unharmed. I've already lost one host from the village hidden in Rocks. Hans." 

"My brother is able to protect himself. He doesn't need your help." 

"Okay, then." I shrug my shoulders. I'm not going to force them to change their mind. I don't have time for this, and I want to get this over with so I can go back to searching for the hideouts. "Just call me if you need any assistance. Remember, my name is Akari." I take my bow and leave the village. 

Well, that was useless. I couldn't get them to come with me in order for them to remain safe. But, if they think they can protect themselves, then that's all that matters. I'm sure the Jinchuriki's will protect their host at all cost. 

I'm tired and I need to rest. . . Not until I find all of the hideout. "HAAHHHHH!!!!" I hear someone yelling at me from behind. Summoning my scythe, I turn around and clash weapons with a man with gray hair, wearing no shirt, and wearing an akatsuki cloak. "Hey. You're pretty cute! You'll be a perfect sacrifice for Lord Jashin!" 

"Not a chance." I spin around quickly and side kick the man in the head, sending him to a tree. "Your cloak. You are with the Akatsuki, aren't you?" I call out to the man who now has his head stuck in a tree. 

"And you're the girl who's been taking away all of the tailed beast." Another voice is heard from the side of me. He goes to punch me, but I use my scythe to block the attack. I am blown a few meters away from these two Akatsuki partners, but I stand my ground. "Our leader knows that you blew up one of our hideouts. We were almost convinced that it was Deidara." 

'They're immortals. . . His hand is black and the one over there isn't' dead. Any human could have died from that attack. Or, at least fell unconscious.' I think to myself while studying the Akatsuki members. 

"Does that mean you're here to kill me now that you know of me?" I question the taller man with a mask covering his mouth and nose. 

"Not kill you. To bring you to our Leader." 

"And if I refuse, you'll chase after me and capture me, won't you." 

"Yep! Pretty much, little missy!" The loudmouth walks over to his partner's side with a wicked smile on his face. "So you can come with us quietly, or you can be a great sacrifice to my Lord, Jashin!" 

"Leader told us not to kill her, you idiot." The big man glares at his partner. Either way how this plays out, I'll end up fighting them. Damn. . . 

Sorry, Naruto. Looks like you'll have to wait for my return a little longer. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~