{25} Departure With A Goodbye Kiss

After my visit with Orochimaru, I fell asleep near the KIA stone because I tired myself out after everything I had to do to keep Naruto safe. But, I cannot rest for too long. There are still some task I need to complete. 

"Akari? What are you doing out here?" I open my eyes to see Kakashi standing in front of me. 

"Resting." I yawn while stretching my arms above me. 

"Don't you have a bed to sleep on?" He questions.

"I did. But that was a long time ago. What do you want?" I stand up and look at him with tired eyes. I don't think I can stay awake for much longer. 

"I was going to train, but I saw you and wanted to see if you were okay. You look tired, and there are dark circles under your eyes. What have you been doing all this time?" 

"A lot. . . I paid a visit with Orochimaru and his little minion, Kabuto, because during the mission that Naruto and Sakura had with Jiraiya, in order to find Sasuke, Naruto almost gotten killed. So, I sent those two lab rats a message. Now. . . I'm just so tired. . ." 

"Akari!" I fall into Kakashi's arms, dropping my scythe in the process. "When was the last time you slept?!" 

"I don't remember. . .I'm so. . .tired. . ." I mumble. My eyes are closed shut and my body is refusing to listen to me. I don't remember the last time I slept. Too many tasks makes me not to think of getting any sleep. 

"Come on. Let's get you into bed so you can rest." Kakashi carries me bridal style to his house and lies me down in his bed. Once he leaves the room, it's lights out for me.  

{Kakashi's P.O.V.}

I left the room after lying Akari in my bed. The dark circles under her eyes tells me that she hasn't slept in days. Probably weeks. 

Having to do so much, protecting both tailed beasts and their hosts, and so many tasks, it really wears her out. Poor girl can't even get any sleep. Maybe it's about time she takes a break from all of this. 

"That tickles~" I hear Akari giggling. 

I check on her and see her giggling in her sleep. What surprises me is that she is smiling and her tail is wagging. I have never seen Akari act like this. She hardly gives out any smiles. Just light ones that hardly show emotion. Whatever she's dreaming about, it must be a good dream. 

It's almost kind of cute.

{Akari's P.O.V.} 

"That tickles!~" I giggle as my father strokes my ears. This feels so real although I know this is a memory of mine. So it's half dream, and half memory. 

"Gotcha!" Father holds me on his lap, smirking at me, while he scratches behind my ears. "You're not going to run away from me this time, Akari! Now, hold still!"

The two of us laugh, enjoying our time together. I noticed that Father has stopped laughing and he's staring at into space just above him. "What's wrong, Papa?" I pat his chest, trying to get his attention. 

"Akari, there is something I need to tell you. Something very important." His tone becomes serious. 

"What is it, Father? You can tell me." I grab both sides of his face, playfully. He smiles down at me and gently removes my hands form his face as he tells me, 

"There is going to be a time where I will not be around anymore to take care of the Jinchuriki's. You have to be prepared to carry out my duties once my time is up. You can handle it, right, Akari?"