{55} Declaring War

The next few days have been quiet. Naruto is training with Jiraiya, Hinata and Neji are also training together, Itachi is at his house, I visit Karin twice a day at the hospital, and I still have time to be with Kakashi and check on the other tailed beast all at the same time. 

"Are you sure you're not tired?" Kakashi questions me. I am at his house, lying against him on his bed with my back to his chest. 

"Not at all." I reply. 

"You've been busy with your duties all day, you know. You watched Naruto train with Jiraiya, looked after Hinata since you took her in as a daughter, visited Karin at the hospital twice today, went to check on the other tailed beast that you've hidden away, and went over to Itachi's house before you came here. You did all of this in one day. Aren't you the least bit exhausted from all of that?" 

"No. As a mother and caretaker, this is my job, and also my joy. Being with you is my favorite part. It feels like eternity since the last time I have been in your arms like this." I say this with my tail slowly wagging up and down. 

"I just realized you're still in your full form. Why haven't you changed back yet?" 

"Do you prefer me with just your ears?" 

"That's not it. I'm just curious." 

"Well then, to answer your question, I decide whether to change back or not. I have not stayed in this form for this long since I was an infant. When my father was around, I would always have my tail out like this because it made me so happy to see him every time he came home from his work." 

"Do you think about your father, Akari?" 

"Of course, I do. All the time. Even when he is no longer here with me, his love for me remains in my heart. That also goes for my two annoying brothers." 

"You have brothers?!" I feel Kakashi hold me tighter against him. "You never told me you had brothers." 

"Because you never asked. I am the oldest in my family. Indra and Ashura are the same age, meaning they were born at the same time. My father is Hagoromo. He raised us all before he had passed away." 

"And your mother?" 

"She is out of the picture. . . But I do have a Grandmother, Kaguya. We never got along. . . She was an evil woman. My father and my uncle, Hamura, fought her long ago before I was born. Father told me this story many times when I asked him if I had a grandmother. When she met me, she was bitter towards me, but I never knew why. So, I began to hate her back. Do you wish to know my last name?" 

"If you don't mind." 

"Otsutsuki. . . My clan is an ancient clan of horned celestial beings. . . But, as you can see, I only have ears. Never have I had horns like my father, uncle, and my grandmother. After the arrival of the clan members on a millennium ago, the Ōtsutsuki began having a lasting influence on the human population, notably starting the history of  The Ōtsutsuki clan have been travelling throughout dimensions seeking out worlds cultivated with the God Tree." 

"That makes you a Legend!" 

"I guess it does. I have lived for many, many years. And I will continue to do so. . . My clan are the creators of shinobo, chakra, and jutsu's." 

"That's amazing, Akari. All of this is incredible." 

"It is, is it not?" I giggle lightly and yawn. "With all of this talking, it made me sleepy." I close my eyes, causing Kakashi to chuckle. 

"You're cute when you get so sleepy like this." 

"Does that make me vulnerable to you?" 

"Not at all."