Chapter 9: Romeo And Juliet Are Having A Baby

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO LEAVE. WEREWOLVES ARE BANNED FROM THE QUARTER!" Klaus bellowed at Hayley as he put the last dead body onto the small pile. "I had a plan, it was all going to plan but your idiotic fantasy put it all to—LEAVE HIM!" The hybrid shouted at Rebekah as she had noticed one of the vampires were still alive. "Haven't you done enough? You have left a literal trail of bodies as a treasure hunt to my home!"

"If I hadn't overheard this lot bragging about werewolf heads, everyone here would be screwed! And don't give me that crap about having a plan! You've had all the time in the world to execute a plan, and no one's seen you do a damn thing! Elijah made a deal to protect your child, so that it could save you from your selfish, rotten self. But you obviously don't give a damn about the child, Elijah or Iliana, because what have you done to honour it?" Rebekah screeched.

"I have done everything. Let me spell it out for you, shall I? From the day I arrived, Marcel hasn't trusted me. From Day One, he's had his vampires ingest toxic vervain which, as you know, little sister, protects them from my mind control. I took a new one of his and turned him onto my side, I compelled his favourite bartender to do the same." Klaus said glaring at the three of us. "And I'll take this one, drain him of vervain and tell them his friends moved to Utah so that he can explain why there are more of Marcel's vampires missing." Rebekah and Hayley looked at him sheepishly as they realised they were in the wrong. I, on the other hand just glared back at him, finally seeing the side of Klaus they had called monster. Klaus, paying no mind, carried the vampire into the house and the three of us followed. "No more questions? Grand. My turn, Hayley why were you in the quarter today?" The wolf glanced at me before looking down at the ground and refusing to answer. "ANSWER MY QUESTION!"

"Leave her be." Rebekah told him.

"I WILL—"

"I asked her to come with me!" I interjected, stepping in front of my friend protectively. "I needed help. I was buying poison so I could get rid of your baby."

He looked at me incredulously before turning to Hayley with a furious rage. He leapt at her and pinned her against the door, preventing her airflow as she gasped for breath.

"You helped her get rid of my child?" He asked her angrily.

"All this bluster about not wanting the child and you pull this the second she tries to get rid of it?" Rebekah asked angrily.

"Stop!" I yelled at him, but he didn't seem moved. I ran to his side and watched him as tears began to form in my eyes. "I am the one that hurt you! I know you care about this baby, I know you do. And it is okay to care. That's all Elijah ever wanted for you. All I've ever wanted for you."

He sighed and let go of Hayley who began to splutter and cough as she massaged her neck. He watched the tears form in my eyes and used his hand to caress my face.

"I am so sorry." He murmured as he wiped away the few droplets that escaped. "I gave Elijah to Marcel."

"You did what?" I asked in disbelief as I took his hand from my face. He looked back at me in anger before sitting down on the steps.

"He was nervous, two originals in town were making his friends antsy. He wanted Elijah to leave so I—"

"You bartered our brother?" Rebekah asked tears welling up in her eyes.

"I have a plan. Once I gain his trust. I'll dismantle his empire and see that the baby be born. That is the only way I know how to execute this plan and if you don't like it. The door is right there."