Chapter 11: When Liana Says Jump, You Say How High

"Are you out of your mind?" Sophie asked incredulously as me, Rebekah and Klaus sat in his study, going through our game plan.

"It's very simple." Rebekah told her. "We need you to perform a teeny, tiny locator spell to help us find our brother."

"Witches who practice magic in this town get caught, and then they get killed." Sophie shot back.

"Yes, about that." Klaus began with a glare. "It seems you left out a crucial detail when we made our deal—Marcel's secret weapon, the way he knows when a witch is using magic..."

"Girl about yea high, cute as a button, anger issues?"

Sophie looked back at Rebekah in shock as she realised what was taking place. "Davina? Where have you seen her?"

"I don't know." Rebekah snapped. "The little brat erased my memory right after she threw me out a window with her bloody mind."

"Let's cut to the chase, shall we?" Klaus said as he took a sip of his drink. "Davina has Elijah, you witches want Davina and need to get her away from Marcel. We don't know where she is ergo, we need magic."

"Davina would sense it." Sophie said with a shake of her head.

"Unless, another witch—say, a traitor to the cause, Katie for example—was to perform much more powerful magic at the same time. That would create a smokescreen, concealing your very small spell from Davina." Rebekah said smirking.

"Katie doesn't deserve to die."

"FOR GOODNESS SAKE, ARE YOU THAT DUMB?" I yelled, slamming my hands down on the table to the shock of the others. "You got us involved because you mean to start a war. And you can't win those without casualties."

"Katie is my friend." She murmured.

"Is she really?" I asked with a roll of my eyes. "The vampires are always one step ahead of you, how? Jane was murdered in public but how did she get caught? She must have tried to escape, right?"

"She was caught hiding in a cargo hold of a freighter before it set sail down the Mississippi." She said, stunned in the realisation.

"Now I wonder, who's in charge of the docks?"

"Katie's boyfriend." She sighed. "Thierry."

"Oh." I uttered with a fake pout before stalking up to her. "You are in no position to start acting like you have even a shred of human decency within you considering you've trapped me in New Orleans for your sick plan. So next time I say jump, Soph, I'm gonna need you to say how high."

**********************************************************************************

I went to go see Cami, who I hadn't seen in a while, only to find her getting ready for the party that was Marcel was throwing. She grinned excitedly at me, as she explained how some girl she met at Rousseau's had invited her.

"And look, I know I'm sort of breaking girl code—"

"I don't like Marcel, Cami." I told her with a chuckle. "Knock yourself out. But be careful, he's...something else."

"I will take note." She replied, before frowning at me. "I'm surprised he didn't invite you."

"I got invited, just not sure if I'm gonna go."

"You have to!" Cami insisted.

"I don't know..."

"Look, you're beating yourself up, been there." She told me. "But you'd be better off if you just let yourself have fun. You can't be mad at yourself forever."