Chapter 65: Die Another Day

~Klaus POV~

Klaus had tackled Marcel down to the ground, punching him mercilessly until he realised he was starting to feel weak. He got up and left Marcel laying uneasily on the ground.

"Marcellus. How well your name fits you—little warrior. Though, ultimately one of no consequence." Klaus taunted as Marcel stood up to face him.

"MY NAME IS MARCEL!" He called out as he charged at Klaus who easily blocked him. Klaus slammed Marcel into a car and twisted his arm behind his back.

"Is there no end to your defiance? You summon Mikael, turn Rebekah against me, try to bury me in your Garden? And yet, you always fail." Marcel tried to fight back again but Klaus grabbed his face and stared him directly in the eyes. "What is there left to do but put you out of your misery?"

Klaus released his hybrid face and bit Marcel's neck unloading a large amount of venom into his bloodstream. Suddenly he felt a sharp pain and gasped from its effect. His hand sliced open where Genevieve had cut him before and he knew they had been played. He felt another sharp pain and crumpled to the ground in pain whilst Marcel, who was still under the effects of the werewolf venom, weakly sped away.

~Elijah POV~

Elijah looked around at the many dead and injured vampires that lay lifeless around him. The fountain was full of blood and Elijah was starting to feel uncomfortable in the mess.

"Are we done?" He asked in boredom.

"Nice job!" Francesca said clapping slowly as she re-entered the courtyard. "Thanks. Saves me the trouble of killing all these vampires myself."

Elijah looked on at her in confusion, she was a human, there was no way she would have been able to kill them, on top of that Elijah hadn't noticed her leave. In his confusion, he had failed to notice two of her brothers that had jumped up and viciously bit his neck. It was then that he realised that the moonlight rings had been finished and were in use, just not on the intended people. They dropped him on the ground and watched as all the wounded vampires that could still run did but the werewolves were prepared and attacked all they could.

~Klaus POV~

Klaus wandered into an almost empty Rousseau's where a custodian mopped the floor. He staggered in, still unnaturally weak and grabbed onto the man's shoulder.

"Sorry mate, but I'm famished." He said as he sank his teeth into him feebly. He checked the cut on his palm and saw that it was still bleeding.

"You look awful." Genevieve said with a laugh as she walked into the restaurant.

"Why aren't I healing?" He asked her angrily. "What did you do?"

"Well, you're the one who wanted me to cast the spell. So, I made your stones...by linking their power to your blood. And now, each full moon, whenever a werewolf uses their power to keep from turning, they'll be drawing from your strength! And causing you pain." She said approaching him.

"After all I offered you, you would still betray me?" He asked her still groaning in pain.

"Look me in the eyes, Nik. Were you ever planning to give me your mother's grimoire? Did you care about me, even for a moment?"

"I suppose you'll never know." Klaus said glaring as she knelt down in front of him and grabbed his face.

"Hmm." She uttered as she stood up to leave. "Francesca kept her end of the deal. There is, after all, honour among thieves, even if they are werewolves. And as for you? The great irony is, in wanting to take the city, you lost everything. Your sister Rebekah, your adopted son Marcel, and now, even your child and their mothers will suffer, all because of your greed."