Chapter 27: All The Pretty Girls

A/N: Happy Enigma Day! In honour of my three year anniversary on Wattpad, you get two chapters today!!!

~Klaus POV~

Iliana was resting in her room as Klaus and Elijah stood in his study, doing their best to figure out a way to deal with their numerous witch problems.

"The Italians call them Strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where our mother was from, they called them häxa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch here until Davina." Elijah told his brother as he flicked through an old witch's tome.

"Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection. Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence." Klaus muttered.

"Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over two hundred years. I don't understand." Elijah told his younger brother with a furrowed brow. "Why all these sketches now?"

"Why does any witch do anything?" Klaus groaned as he heard Marcel and Davina fight upstairs. "At least that's going well."

"If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea." Elijah told his brother.

"Thanks for that Elijah." Klaus said with a roll of his eyes. "Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?"

"Give me a month, I'll get you a list." Elijah told him sarcastically.

"Young, old, dead or alive, witches are a pain in the neck." Klaus muttered bitterly.

"Witches make up 50% of the women you've been in love with." Elijah teased, causing his brother to glare at him.

"And there's a reason it's been a thousand years before I tried again." Klaus snapped. "She was terrible."

"Niklaus, are you okay with Fiore's return?" Elijah asked.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Whether you'll admit it or not, I know you cared deeply for her." Elijah told him. "And this is the first time she has been definitively without Kol. This must bring up some—"

"There is nothing to be done between me and Fiore." Klaus snapped. "I despise her. And if she comes for Iliana or my child—I'll kill her."

Klaus glared at his brother, before heading upstairs to the witch's room to investigate the ruckus.

"What's with all the racket?" Klaus said as he barged into the room only to see Davina throwing up soil. "Bloody hell."

~Hayley POV~

"What's going on?" Hayley asked Elijah as an earthquake rampaged through the city.

"Davina is ill." He explained. "She's practically haemorrhaging magic."

"Should I be worried?"

"Not with me around." The two shared a fond smile, before Hayley broke it, looking away guiltily. "Any friend of Iliana's is a friend of mine."

"Yeah, yeah."

"This is madness!" Klaus said as he stormed towards them, Marcel at his side. "How can a 16-year-old shake he entire French Quarter?"